xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Could Someone Help Me I'm Confused  (Read 207 times)

hdmivga

• Archived User
Could Someone Help Me I'm Confused
« on: March 28, 2007, 02:41:00 AM »

You can get TRUE digital 720p on it !!

WXGA 1280 x 720 = 720p HD resolution !

You just need HDCP stripper such as HDfury, and your display will be like any others you can buy with HDMI input .
In fact it will be HD ready like anyothers on the market.
just not Full HD as your MAX resolution don't allow it.

You can also go through component, but you will have upscale problem as 1080i will be 540 horizontal (cause they are interlaced @ "i" ) so your TV will upscale 540 to 720p result will be bad...

SomeT

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 04:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(hdmivga @ Mar 28 2007, 09:48 AM) View Post

You can also go through component, but you will have upscale problem as 1080i will be 540 horizontal (cause they are interlaced @ "i" ) so your TV will upscale 540 to 720p result will be bad...

But I will still be able to get 720p come through on ps3 games and blue ray movies?  This HDfury thing sounds interesting, so this device will enable my television to display the full 1080i? or just 720i? Through the RGB component that is.  In other words on this HDFury thing would I have to go PS3 ---> HDMI Cable --> To HDFury then ---> DVI Cable with ---> RGB Component at the end ---> To television??? To get full high def?

SomeT

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »

Update: Bought a RGB Component cable for my PS3 but when I plug it into my television it keeps flicking on and off and has pink scrambled lines going down the screen, does this mean I will just need the: You just need HDCP stripper such as HDfury, to solve this problem?  I am so confused now?  How do I get my television to display in 720p?