xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dual Screen  (Read 386 times)

shenmuemaster

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« on: May 10, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »

Ive been desperately searchin the web, looking to see if the Dual screen was scrapped. I heard that the HDMI outputs were cut down to one, does that mean that the dual screen has been scrapped. Or can another screen be used, usin the other outputs?

But i didnt see it at e3, Has it been officially scrapped? I thought the dual screens wud of been a main part of the ps3 conference.

This post has been edited by shenmuemaster: May 10 2006, 04:42 PM

Static X

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 10:06:00 AM »

I think it would be obvious that idea has been scrapped. I don't see how it would work at all now.

richto

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(shenmuemaster @ May 10 2006, 03:41 PM) *

Ive been desperately searchin the web, looking to see if the Dual screen was scrapped. I heard that the HDMI outputs were cut down to one, does that mean that the dual screen has been scrapped. Or can another screen be used, usin the other outputs?

But i didnt see it at e3, Has it been officially scrapped? I thought the dual screens wud of been a main part of the ps3 conference.

So you have dual Plasma screens in your living room? No? Thought not. Neither does anyone else. Thats why its scrapped.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 09:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(richto @ May 10 2006, 10:55 AM) View Post

So you have dual Plasma screens in your living room? No? Thought not. Neither does anyone else. Thats why its scrapped.

NO, the reason why it was scrapped was because running two high definition images would have exploded the polished turd.

alsybub

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 10:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Nov 20 2006, 04:12 AM) View Post

NO, the reason why it was scrapped was because running two high definition images would have exploded the polished turd.

A far more sensible answer.

NEUROMODS

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 05:18:00 AM »

I got 4 plasma TV's and 2 projectors.. Wish it did support dual screen. Would be nice. Even better if it supported 4, and then I can have them all around me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

epsilon72

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 08:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(NEUROMODS @ Dec 9 2006, 05:18 AM) View Post
I got 4 plasma TV's and 2 projectors.. Wish it did support dual screen. Would be nice. Even better if it supported 4, and then I can have them all around me. tongue.gif

Fahrenheit 451! tongue.gif

flbeserk

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 08:21:00 AM »

i forgot where i read it, but to keep costs down sony had to look at some things people wouldn't use much and one of them was dual screen.  you don't need to have two hdtv's but someone could always bring one over or something.  like halo lan parties people bring in tv's and systems.  why can't you do the same for dual screening?  anyways it was scrapped due to being more costly of a system

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2006, 01:46:00 AM »

QUOTE(flbeserk @ Dec 9 2006, 08:28 AM) View Post

anyways it was scrapped due to being more costly of a system

If you believe that then you are very naive.  

All it was, was just the nut kenny K. feeding the people with his ridiculous "4D" BS.  There was never a chance in hell it would technically ever happen.  In order for the ps3 to render two separate HD 1080p, or even 720p, images it would have required twice the processing power, RAM, etc. of the ps3.  So i guess you are somewhat correct, even though in a different way in what you were thinking, because the system would be "more costly" if you doubled its specs.  If you believe anything other reason then you are just kidding yourself.

spinr34

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 03:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Dec 10 2006, 12:53 AM) View Post

If you believe that then you are very naive.  

All it was, was just the nut kenny K. feeding the people with his ridiculous "4D" BS.  There was never a chance in hell it would technically ever happen.  In order for the ps3 to render two separate HD 1080p, or even 720p, images it would have required twice the processing power, RAM, etc. of the ps3.  So i guess you are somewhat correct, even though in a different way in what you were thinking, because the system would be "more costly" if you doubled its specs.  If you believe anything other reason then you are just kidding yourself.

well said smile.gif couldn't have done it any better.

iamthesex

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2006, 11:29:00 AM »

http://www.engadget.com/2006/12/20/ken-kut...av-centric-ps3/

"This just in from our Tokyo bureau: according to an interview conducted by Japan's Impress, Sony's Ken Kutaragi has gone on record with a "promise" for what he's calling an AV-centric PS3. In other words, audio and video capabilities first, gaming second (if at all), in a device built around the Cell-processor platform. Ken says that the device would certainly be more expensive, reflecting the prices and margins expected on high-end consumer electronic devices such as TVs, Blu-ray personal video recorders, etc. -- not the relatively cheap, but powerful gaming rigs sold at a loss under Sony's Computer Entertainment division. Impress speculates that the device could cost as much as ¥300,000 or about $2,500. The new Sony-branded living room box would, in Ken's (translated) words, "be a standard AV component sized box with a more powerful, power supply unit, anti-shake insulator, twice the main memory, and 2x HDMI to split sound and video output." More Cell-processor devices in the living room? We say bring it, Sony."

there you have it, everything sony left out of the ps3 from the original promised specs

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 06:50:00 PM »

It will never happen.  And even if it did, developers would never develop games to take advantage of it, but would only take advantage of what the ps3 has to offer.

That's like tacking an extra gig of RAM on the 360 and expect games that were made for stock 360's to take advantage and run better on the extra RAM.

saunders73

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

lol kind of like what nintendo did with n64

btw. i just noticed we have a fast reply button lol

Elusid

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »

haha you just noticed that?! rotfl... any ways... yeah well I'm not totally surprised that they scrapped the dual HDMI but it would have been cool to have if the cost would have been the same. I'm still very impressed with the PS3 though so no complaints.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Dual Screen
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Elusid @ Jan 9 2007, 11:17 PM) View Post

haha you just noticed that?! rotfl... any ways... yeah well I'm not totally surprised that they scrapped the dual HDMI but it would have been cool to have if the cost would have been the same. I'm still very impressed with the PS3 though so no complaints.

That is great.  But what about the ps3 has you "very impressed" with it?  Just curious.