xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: XCM Cross Battle Adapter - use Wired 360 Controller on PS3  (Read 900 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
XCM Cross Battle Adapter - use Wired 360 Controller on PS3
« on: December 04, 2008, 05:22:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 4-12-2008 18:46 EST

XCM announced a new product for the Xbox 360:

Dream comes true! Finally an adapter to connect your wired Xbox 360 controller to your PS3 console!

Product description : for xbox 360 controllers' fans, now you can use your 360 wired controller on PS 3 console, plug and play, also built in rapid fire function.

For many reasons people really like the Xbox 360 controller. The look and feel are second to none. Now those same controllers can be used on your Playstation 3 console! For the first time you'll have the use of real triggers on your Playstation 3 console!

Official Website: http://xcm-usa.com

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:31:00 PM »

Hmm... and here I was thinking all this time you could already use most USB controllers with the PS3/2. What you should be making a big deal about is how expensive that chat pad imitator costs. Dang, $50 for the ability to type where MS only charges $30 for the same ability.

anttimonty

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 05:26:00 AM »

Does it have support for the wireless PC usb dongle?
Does the "PS" button work?
Does it add a sixaxis motion sensor?

Tough I don't think I need to have a X360 controller anymore as I bought Giotek real triggers for my controllers. Loss of motion sensing is not worth it IMO

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 06:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Elemino @ Dec 5 2008, 12:31 AM) View Post
Hmm... and here I was thinking all this time you could already use most USB controllers with the PS3/2. What you should be making a big deal about is how expensive that chat pad imitator costs. Dang, $50 for the ability to type where MS only charges $30 for the same ability.
That'd be nice, but I guess they don't have that kind of driver support.

I think both keypads are a waste, but I'm betting the touch-sensitive keys, built-in Bluetooth, and battery make it a bit more expensive to manufacture. I haven't encountered a situation where I'd prefer not using my full-sized keyboard. Similarly, I haven't yet encountered a situation where I'd prefer using the 360 controller.

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 12:42:00 PM »

I was pretty sure someone once told me USB controllers worked with those systems. I never tried because I only owned a PS2 for two weeks before returning it, and I got a great employee deal on PS3 controllers when I used to work retail. But you're both right, why use a controller made for a different system on any platform? I understand being comfortable with one, but controllers now days have special functions for the system they are made for. A better project might be getting the PS3 controller (and other accessories) to work with other standard bluetooth devices.

perfectdark

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »

hey all

does anyone know if you could use this adaptor with the XBOX 360 wireless Windows® PC adapter and then use a xbox360 wireless controller?

IMO giving up sixaxis support is fine as i dont play any games on my PS3 (just movies) because of the PS3 controller and analog stick location

wassco

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 04:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(perfectdark @ Feb 20 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post

IMO giving up sixaxis support is fine as i dont play any games on my PS3 (just movies) because of the PS3 controller and analog stick location

.... um, isnt the ps3 controller completly identical to the ps2 controller (give or take seriously)

.... and um.... im guessing more people are *use* to the feel of there ps2 controller over there 360 controller....

..... and um.....

me (like every other person i know of) feels both controllers are pretty well the same feel.. i can pick up a 360 controller and play just as easily as picken up a ps2/ps3 controller....)

all personal preference i say...

also, u only use your ps3 to watch movies? wow.....thats hurten bud!