xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony working on 'break apart' motion PS3 pad  (Read 292 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Sony working on 'break apart' motion PS3 pad
« on: June 13, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 14-6-2008 0:02 EST

From gamesindustry.biz:

Sony Computer Entertainment is working on a new controller for the PlayStation 3, which features the ability to 'break apart' into two separate units, each of which contains an accelerometer for 'Wiimote-like' motion-sensing functionality, GamesIndustry.biz understands.

It's not clear when the pad will be officially announced, but it is believed that working units have already been supplied to certain developer partners, according to sources.

Full Story: gamesindustry.biz

apexad

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »

It would be really cool if the 2 pieces snapped togeather to be shaped exactly like a regular PS3 Sixaxis/Dualshock 3 controller.  Secondly, it should work in all games where sixaxis works, like GTA4.

I'd buy one.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 01:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(apexad @ Jun 15 2008, 09:19 PM) View Post

It would be really cool if the 2 pieces snapped togeather to be shaped exactly like a regular PS3 Sixaxis/Dualshock 3 controller.  Secondly, it should work in all games where sixaxis works, like GTA4.

I'd buy one.

Agreed...If they formed a shape samiliar to the regular controller that would be awesome... and to be honest, I think it will, Sony has some talented designers/engineers and im sure they will come up with something really really cool

Tho... then i start to think about the boomerang controller biggrin.gif

BoNg420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 07:49:00 AM »

Personally I really dont like the PS3 controller, it just seems harder to control then xbox, but maybe im just so used to the 360 controller it makes it hard to use the ps3 controller, but maybe i just like a bigger controller.  I dont know why MS and Sony want to make Wii like controllers, the wii mote isnt to good for FPS.

apexad

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 11:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Jun 18 2008, 03:25 PM) View Post

Personally I really dont like the PS3 controller, it just seems harder to control then xbox, but maybe im just so used to the 360 controller it makes it hard to use the ps3 controller, but maybe i just like a bigger controller.  I dont know why MS and Sony want to make Wii like controllers, the wii mote isnt to good for FPS.

I agree with you, but I have found that putting the PS3 controllers into 1 of the BD&A gloves helps make it closer to the size of a 360 controller, and it prevents the controller from ever getting sticky from sweat or anything, so it's a win-win.