xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony pulling plug on SIXAXIS  (Read 310 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Sony pulling plug on SIXAXIS
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:49:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 2-4-2008 21:13 EST

From joystiq.com:

This shouldn't come as much of a ... shock, but Sony is discontinuing the Sixaxis in light of the DualShock 3's arrival, according to MTV. A Sony rep says that you can likely expect them to all be gone by summertime.

Full Story: joystiq.com

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »

Its about time...SIXAXIS sucks. They should have never went with it and just stuck with the DualShock

warmaster_670

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:57:00 AM »

QUOTE(commandersafi @ Apr 3 2008, 01:43 AM) *

Its about time...SIXAXIS sucks. They should have never went with it and just stuck with the DualShock

well, they ARE pretty much the exact same thing, except th DS3 has rumble, which they were still having that spat with immersion im pretty sure when the ps3 was coming out.

unless im missing something about the DS3

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 01:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(warmaster_670 @ Apr 3 2008, 10:57 AM) View Post

well, they ARE pretty much the exact same thing, except th DS3 has rumble, which they were still having that spat with immersion im pretty sure when the ps3 was coming out.

unless im missing something about the DS3

Nah, you got it right. MS was also in a suit with Immersion, but they settled out of court iirc, and very quickly.

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(warmaster_670 @ Apr 3 2008, 04:57 AM) *
well, they ARE pretty much the exact same thing, except th DS3 has rumble
The form factor remains unchanged, but I think many people will immediately prefer the DS3 because of the increased weight; it's even heaver than the DS2. I personally don't care about the lightness of the SIXAXIS, but that seemed to be one of the most common complaints.

commandersafi

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 01:54:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kamasutra318 @ Apr 3 2008, 11:13 PM) View Post

The form factor remains unchanged, but I think many people will immediately prefer the DS3 because of the increased weight; it's even heaver than the DS2. I personally don't care about the lightness of the SIXAXIS, but that seemed to be one of the most common complaints.

Yeah, thats my biggest complaint really. Normally for console controllers i like them to be bigger/heavier. I loved the Duke xbox controllers over the S type, so i guess its just a preference  rolleyes.gif

warmaster_670

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 05:23:00 AM »

i hated the duke compared to teh controller s, but i loved the original DS more than the DS2, for that reason, it had some weight, without being actually heavy.

of course, the light DS2 wasn't BAD, it just takes a bit ot get used to teh wieght

This post has been edited by warmaster_670: Apr 4 2008, 12:23 PM