xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nyko Wireless Zero Controller  (Read 230 times)

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
Nyko Wireless Zero Controller
« on: January 24, 2008, 05:37:00 PM »

Here is what I wrote about the controller on the Amazon.com Website.

This controller is comfortable and has a play & charge cable that is 6 inches longer than the Microsoft xbox 360 controllers that is all it has going for it.
As you can see in the photo it is supposed to be black with silver on the handles. It is all black.
It is supposed to have VIBRATION in the photo you can see a button labeled "VIB" VIB = VIBRATION!
No Vibration.
The CES 2008 interview with NYKO says this controller has vibration!
It is not staying connected to the wireless dongle very long.
(IMG:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41TftTugSUL._SS400_.jpg)
**Edit**

After contacting Nyko customer service they advised that they are going to send out a new wireless receiver that will fix the blinking "0" button to allow for the promised color coding of the light. ETA 1 week on shipping.

The reason for this is due to the Sony firmware update to 2.10 it stopped the ability to have the light used as intended. They have created a revised version of the dongle.

They also advised that the vibration version has not been released yet and when it is they will arrange to have the non-vibration version swapped out for the vibration version due to the false advertising on Amazon.com with the image showing the CES 2008 version of the controller.

I originally gave it a 1 star rating but the good customer service will bump it to a 3 star.
If the new dongle fixes the issues and they swap out the controller for the vibration version then I see no reason that it would not be a 5 star rating
But you cannot change your star rating after the first rating.
The controller I actually received is here:
(IMG:http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41m6Bu12kkL._SS400_.jpg)

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 10:25:00 PM »

Well an update to my updated post
I did receive the updated wireless dongle, and now the controller does light up properly for what player you are. it is a nice touch actually.

Now I will just wait to see if they (nyko) will exchange my controller to the rumble version as promised of course that is once it is released.

ave1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 03:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(ludacrisvp @ Feb 13 2008, 01:01 AM) View Post

Well an update to my updated post
I did receive the updated wireless dongle, and now the controller does light up properly for what player you are. it is a nice touch actually.

Now I will just wait to see if they (nyko) will exchange my controller to the rumble version as promised of course that is once it is released.

Hey, that's great.  This might be a good way for anyone to get a rumbling Zero controller for $20 less than full retail.

*starts thinking about getting a Zero controller*  

Steve