xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Logitech Releases PS3 Bluetooth Goodness  (Read 101 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Logitech Releases PS3 Bluetooth Goodness
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:18:00 AM »

I love the concept of blueray but for me it's just too damn expensive.

Most of that is unwarranted markup I'm sure, if Nintendo can manufacture Wii Remotes with bluetooth, a high speed IR camera and Accelerometers all built in for less than $40 and still turn a profit... there's no reason I should be paying $70 for a headset that does 1/20th of that.

My cellphone supports bluetooth and MP3 playback and my truck doesn't have a CD player so I decided to see if I could get a set of bluetooth stereo headphones to hardwire into the stereo system so that I could play back my MP3s wirelessly ... no dice the cheapest compatable set I could find was well over $100 and that, I'm sure, had equivalent quality to a cheap pair of $10 wired headphones.

IMO Bluetooth is like HDMI it's a great tech, and it has a lot of potential to simplify our technology and reduce wire clutter but for the little benefit it offers it's not worth the asking price... at least not yet.

wake me up when I can get a bluetooth keyboard and mouse combo for the same $15 I paid for my generic RF keyboard and mouse combo at Walmart

wake me up when a bluetooth headset or headphones are only $10-$20 more than their wired counterparts...

maybe I'll just wait for china to pickup the bluetooth ball and start running with it.  sleep.gif