xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: All-New PS3 Controller to Add Features  (Read 185 times)

yourM0M

• Archived User
All-New PS3 Controller to Add Features
« on: July 19, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

oh now its "legal" issues are out of the way....months ago i thought it was "it wont work together" f-ing BS...sony can suck a D....such liars, right through their teeth

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 01:48:00 AM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Jul 20 2007, 04:56 AM) View Post

oh now its "legal" issues are out of the way....months ago i thought it was "it wont work together" f-ing BS...sony can suck a D....such liars, right through their teeth

Beats me how you can get so worked up, especially when you don't have a PS3 and it doesn't affect you.
Who cares what reasons were behind delays in development. If there is to be an improved controller with more features then that is all that matters....and yes I will buy it.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 02:37:00 AM »

seriously, this is good news ty Chancer... seems 360 fanboys and/or anti-sony ppl can attack any type of news with Sony

I'm excited to see more information about the new controller, good to see more positive news coming in from Sony

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 05:49:00 AM »

seems 360 fanboys and/or anti-sony ppl can attack any type of news with Sony

Not for much longer wink.gif
I don't mind if someone comes in with a constructive criticism or debate of a subject. But I have seen too many posts with no useful or on topic observations merely random swearing or attacks on the company rather than argument against the topic.
This is from observations, the same posters, most of whom do not have a PS3 any way but enjoy a quick Troll round the PS3 section to see where they can attack Sony. This section is going to have a clean up of those sort of posts and future ones will see some of the members losing some privs.
 I am sure we all want to read interesting and reasoned arguments for and against news posts rather than just the same old verbal bashing from a few.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 08:51:00 AM »

i wonder what it's new features will be?

i'm glad it's getting rumble an all, it's just a shame i find them so uncomfortable sad.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »

The part I don't like on the new controllers is the R2 L2 triggers. I prefer a button arrangement rather than  triggers. I don't like the triggers on the 360 controller for the same reason they don't seem to have any definite feel to them.
I have always mainly used the D Pad for play so the PS3 controller feels fine for me. I am glad rumble will be back though.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »

Not for much longer  
I don't mind if someone comes in with a constructive criticism or debate of a subject. But I have seen too many posts with no useful or on topic observations merely random swearing or attacks on the company rather than argument against the topic.
This is from observations, the same posters, most of whom do not have a PS3 any way but enjoy a quick Troll round the PS3 section to see where they can attack Sony. This section is going to have a clean up of those sort of posts and future ones will see some of the members losing some privs.
I am sure we all want to read interesting and reasoned arguments for and against news posts rather than just the same old verbal bashing from a few.

Good to hear! I read about all types of news from various sites (Engadget, THG, GameFaq Forums, etc)... I used to reply all the time, but I see sooo many fanboys, all these bias opinions, ridiculous statements... I just gave up commenting on any news altogether, its pointless (Especially Engadget). PS3Scene is the last place left that I still give my feedback on!

There are so many positive things about the 360/PS3/Wii. They all have their own unique benefits, I don't understand why people need to attack each one (To justify their purchase?)...I've noticed a lot people think their opinion is what everyone else thinks... when really its not.

</rant> sorry!

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2007, 03:40:00 PM »

Things I want them to fix -

- Losing sync issue

- Make L2/R2 triggers concave, like the 360's triggers.

chane2k1

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2007, 05:18:00 PM »

Doesn't immersion have some new technology called touchsense. Maybe the new controller will incorporate that. The name of it makes me think that it will be able to tell how hard we're gripping our controllers. Ha, i think it would be cool that if we we're squeezing the controller too hard because of frustration of a game being too hard in a particular point, the game would then become a little easier.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »

My launche PS3 should have had rumble, scaling bacround downloading and about a million other things, what a letdown. sad.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2007, 04:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Jul 22 2007, 07:29 AM) View Post

their "reasons" were lies....and you defend them, yet my post's are rubbish to you and not on topic??

and i do not own any next-gen consoles as of yet....just my trusty DS

f-ing BS...sony can suck a D....

Yes posts with statements like the above are rubbish. Not the first time you decide to throw in abuse in a post  either. Do you think nobody notices the antagonistic bullshit.
No I am not defending them, I am stating I could  not care less what they say because I am not gullible enough to take it all at face value to start with. All I care is that Rumble is coming to the controllers.
and i do not own any next-gen consoles as of yet

I repeat so Sony lied, it doesn't affect you directly, so how come you are swearing and ranting at them?

Huge companies lie all the time if it suits their purpose. So what? Newspapers lie all the time. Journalists are paid liars. Lies regarding 360 problems have affected people getting inherent problems sorted so I can see the resentment from console owners affected. This issue merely means PS3 is getting an improved controller. If Sony lied about the issue surrounding Immersion so what. If that lie prevented people with faulty controllers getting this rectified then I would be upset too (I still wouldn't include the type of quote you did, in my post)
My launche PS3 should have had rumble, scaling bacround downloading and about a million other things, what a letdown

Did you not research these things before you bought it? If so and it is that bad, I would have to ask why you purchased it?  Could you clarify what you mean by "scaling bacround downloading" please. That part I do not see what you are getting at. You don't seem too happy with your PS3 from what I read but it must have something you like or you would have sold it by now.

- Losing sync issue

I have not personally experienced the Losing sync issues but have read this for PS3 and 360. Is the issue console related? or is it down to the controller itself. Did you try different controllers and they all did it? If controller related maybe Sony are aware and will fix this with the new controller.
The triggers I don't really like soft feel triggers but that is just a personal thing anyway.

Well, maybe if the companies didn't attack one another as well we could all just get along.

That is not an excuse. Companies publicly fight because they are in direct competition for our cash to survive. We as game lovers do not or should not be led by the same motivation and should accept that if someone happens to like a particular console it does not make the a "Fanboy". I don't know about you, but I buy something because I like it and will use it. It doesn't matter to me if the president of the Company that makes that product does not go to Sunday School or lies.

j3y q

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2007, 08:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Jul 20 2007, 05:16 PM) View Post

i could def. go for the concave to the new triggers otherwse they still feel like buttons rather than triggers, i will be picking a few up also

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2007, 10:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Jul 22 2007, 05:23 PM) View Post

p.s. also Chancer i wonder if they are adding standby charging like you mentioned in another post

I really would like that feature. I know they can be charged on the PC but I need to be able to charge unattended and in standby. Sony made a mistake not making it available form the start. I would even purchase a stand alone charging unit. something that ran from the mains supply.