xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Force Feedback on PS3? Not So Much  (Read 92 times)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
Force Feedback on PS3? Not So Much
« on: January 05, 2007, 04:13:00 AM »

well that sucks... wont any of the next gen consoles truly support force feedback?

-PS3 - not at all
-360 - only on the official MS wheel which is way over priced and reportedly crap quality for the price.
-Wii - their idea of a "wheel" is a plastic circle that snaps around the remote... LAME

this seems like the worst generation for hardcore racing fans yet.

bonevichio

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 05:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 5 2007, 12:20 PM) View Post

I have to agree.  As a nascar fan I was looking forward to a good next-gen racing game in nascar 2008.  No force feedback with a wheel kinda sux.

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(twistedsymphony @ Jan 5 2007, 05:20 AM) View Post

well that sucks... wont any of the next gen consoles truly support force feedback?

-PS3 - not at all
-360 - only on the official MS wheel which is way over priced and reportedly crap quality for the price.
-Wii - their idea of a "wheel" is a plastic circle that snaps around the remote... LAME

I dunno, twisted, I'm loving my MS racing wheel. As I'm not a hardcore racer (I love racing games, but I tend to suck at them), I don't have much to compare it to, but since racing with it I've won several races that I would've lost at on a 360 controller.

I can't comment on the price, as I traded in a recently-launched Sony console that was doing little more than collecting dust for it (among other things [ + (A) :    1 2 |])  ph34r.gif

I really can't wait for Forza 2 to come out now.  sad.gif

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 11:23:00 AM »

This totally blows, Gran Tourismo with no force feedback, WTF.

I went thru two microsoft wheels before I gave up on it, the build quality is terible and it doesn't have full rotation. I have the logitech for my ps2 and it is far superior in so many ways, and two years old. I would have much rather them made a quality wired controller than a wireless one that you still have to plug in twice.

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »

Honestly, I don't really care about force feedback.  I didn't use it on my 360 even before I bought my PS3.  I remember back in the 64 days (stone of agony in Zelda: OoT biggrin.gif) it was kind of cool, but I'd rather play without it now.  I can see how this is a disappointment for some people though.