xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Headset  (Read 129 times)

bigphill911

• Archived User
Ps3 Headset
« on: December 08, 2006, 06:44:00 AM »

What kind of headset do you reccomend I get to use with my PS3. I know I have to get a bluetooth headset I just don't know which one to get. Let me know thanks.

h4xx3d

• Archived User
Ps3 Headset
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »

I'm not sure which work and which don't yet. I know there've been reports of various Motorola headsets working, but cannot myself confirm. I plan to pick up Plantronics Discovery 655 shortly. From what I hear it's the best for cell phones... I'll let you know how things turn out.

Tigerdirect currently has a pretty good sale on Cardo headsets. Might want to check it out.

This post has been edited by h4xx3d: Dec 11 2006, 07:53 PM

Spanisharem

• Archived User
Ps3 Headset
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 07:20:00 PM »

My jabra headset is recognized just fine. i just dont think I have a game that supports voice chat. I tried it out on Resistance FOM, but couldn't hear myself or anyone else for that matter.
HAS anyone sucsessfully used voice chat in any PS3 games? Please let me know.
Am i not hearing anyone because not many people are using it yet?
It would seem that I would be able to hear myself though............any input would be great.

collarman911

• Archived User
Ps3 Headset
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(Spanisharem @ Dec 11 2006, 08:51 PM) View Post

My jabra headset is recognized just fine. i just dont think I have a game that supports voice chat. I tried it out on Resistance FOM, but couldn't hear myself or anyone else for that matter.
HAS anyone sucsessfully used voice chat in any PS3 games? Please let me know.
Am i not hearing anyone because not many people are using it yet?
It would seem that I would be able to hear myself though............any input would be great.

I have a ps3 and I also have resistance fall of man which does support voice chat.  I used a motorola h700 bluetooth headset.  I first had to make my ps3 recognize the bluetooth earpiece and then I also had to configure it online to work with resistance.  Just because both headset and ps3 are bonded doesn't mean it's going to start working immeidately you have to configure the game itself to recognize it.  I went online with it and only got to talk to someone else.  I didn't use it much, but from the looks of it I wasn't too impressed.  There's alot of interference on the earpiece itself.