xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Just Bought A Ps3  (Read 101 times)

bigjimmy

• Archived User
Just Bought A Ps3
« on: December 07, 2006, 12:08:00 PM »

To answer your questions:

What about the voltage? Can i put it straight at 220V or i need a converter?

Well, no you dont need a power converter, as far as i know the PS3 will work fine off 220v. Ive had my PS3 plugged into 220v for a bit over 2 weeks and it hasnt skipped a beat.

I don't have any games ,so i need to buy one also from America! Which one gives the most of the power of the console and worth its money?

You can buy games from america or Japan, becuase there is no region coding on the games (yet). I would probably suggest you get Resistance, as its one of the better games out at the moment.

Will it be Region free for the european games?

The PS3 will hopefully be region free for Europe, but noones 100% sure on that one.

Can i play ps2 games from Greece on it?

You wont be able to play European PS2 games or DVD's on an american PS3, because of region coding.

Is there ayone experienced that can say If it is truly better than an xbox360 (on graphics... let's compare call of duty 3 for both consoles)?

Ummmm no. The game with the best graphics (that i have played) was resistance, and I would say the graphics are about the same a Perfect Dark Zero.

But considering the PS3 has only just been launched, none of the developers have figured out how to use the hardware to its full potential. So the games will probably get better and better (hopefully)

Hope that helps  smile.gif

bigjimmy

• Archived User
Just Bought A Ps3
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

about my first question for the voltage you say that i can hook my ps3 straight to 220v.

I've heard that the japannnese version of ps3 can do that but i am not sure for the american one.  

Do you own ntsc/J or ntsc/u console?

Ahhh, good point. I just assumed you owned a Jap ps3, ut i just reread your first post, and i see that you have an american PS3. Im not sure if you can connect them stright to 220v. Anyone know if the american PS3's are dual voltage?

I own an NTSC-J PS3.