xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gizmodo: PlayStation 3 SIXAXIS Controller Impressions  (Read 223 times)

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Gizmodo: PlayStation 3 SIXAXIS Controller Impressions
« on: November 12, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

lack of rumble hardly missed? I would have to disagree, the rumble feature was turned off at first when i got my 360 and it really made me feel like the games weren't as intense.

I would have to say that i disagree with gizmodo on the entire article.

DragoNs

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 07:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Nov 12 2006, 09:55 PM) View Post

lack of rumble hardly missed? I would have to disagree, the rumble feature was turned off at first when i got my 360 and it really made me feel like the games weren't as intense.

I would have to say that i disagree with gizmodo on the entire article.

I really dont understand how a little shake in the controller can make a game feel more intense, i actually turn off the feature for most games, as it gets really annoying when your controller is shaking to hell.

Vayate

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 10:34:00 PM »

The PS2/Xbox rumble is a bit too hard, and that can be really annoying. I turn rumble off for both consoles. The Gamecube and N64, however, have different rumble technology in their controllers that result in a faster and smoother vibration. It's much less obnoxious and actually is a pleasant addition to gameplay experience because it doesn't jolt me out of the game or break my concentration.

Just my two cents.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 11:49:00 PM »

If you really need rumble to get into a game then I'd say you bought the wrong game (or as jack thompson would say : you're being trained to become a murder machine). The six-axis function will get you into the game on another level though just look at rfom, where if they grab you, you shake the conrtoller to get free.

dvsone

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 03:45:00 AM »

When you driving a car or motorbike you can feel when you go off tracking. In Rockstar table tennis the rumble  lets you know your aiming off the table and gives you a quick second to correct your shot. There is many other examples like these. I think it's a pitty there's no PS3 rumble. It would of greatly enhanced SIXAXIS to be more accurate and provide better sensitivity to the gamer (in some games).

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 03:46:00 AM »

I dont know, i really like it in COD3!

mod_me

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 05:30:00 PM »

I think rumble is important and should have been included. It enhances game play in some games and it is more intense. People should have rumble and the option to turn it on/off. A little switch on the controller would be prime. There's reasons it's bad and reasons it's good but we should have the option.  

QUOTE(Vayate @ Nov 13 2006, 06:41 AM) View Post

The PS2/Xbox rumble is a bit too hard, and that can be really annoying.

I agree they should have brought it down a few notches

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

I miss the rumble as well; I also think the trigger buttons are a crap design. If they need to be held down continuosly like in motor storm they do slip and are very uncomfortable.

They just feel cheap and crappy to me. Also no removeable battery pack sucks.