xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sixaxis In Action - Headline Article  (Read 196 times)

throwingks

• Archived User
Sixaxis In Action - Headline Article
« on: November 05, 2006, 12:24:00 PM »

http://www.ps3scene....-1162743104.php

I thought that was funny too. The kid doesn't know what to think right now. He sure is moving a lot though. I can see him being arm weary very quick.

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(throwingks @ Nov 5 2006, 08:31 PM) View Post

http://www.ps3scene....-1162743104.php

I thought that was funny too. The kid doesn't know what to think right now. He sure is moving a lot though. I can see him being arm weary very quick.

Yep, it really wasn't doing it for him, i thought he was enjoying in then wham!  "i like the thumb stick".  To bad he didn't give any reasoning.  Give him a wii controller now though, he's the new nextgen mascot test-boy!

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 05:07:00 PM »

I think the six axis will probably appeal to casual (less technical) gamers more. Think about it, those are the only ppl that throw their controllers in different directions when playing. I never tried to steer a car with my controller when driving but my uncles do and my aunt does. It always fascinate me when they do it. I mean do they really think its gonna make a difference? Well I guess now it will.

Personally I believe the room for error is now wider with these motion control things. I mean its going to be alot more frustrating to get the movement you want when movement is so....free. That kid probably just found it "easier" to use the old thumbstick setup.

nickthegreat

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(thax @ Nov 5 2006, 07:51 PM) View Post

I was initially quite amazed by the sixaxis, but it turns out that the kid thinks that the thumbsticks are better. That was unexpected.

unexpected? why? have you not owned a gameboy advance? the tilting is shite - why would a 3d version of it be better? seriously, it was never going to be more accurate than a pad, and even the mainstream will work this out............