xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Happened To 7 Players?  (Read 324 times)

gamerguy999

• Archived User
What Happened To 7 Players?
« on: May 09, 2006, 12:40:00 AM »

Hmm, the controller has USB, is that to recharge it?

Anyways, they are still saying "upto 7 players". During their conference earlier, they showed a power point thing of some of the features, and that was one of them.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2006, 04:18:00 AM »

So if you wanted to be a cynic, you could say that this is a wireless PS2 controller with analog triggers like the Xbox, a central guide button like the Xbox 360, and internal motion sensors like the Wii. But what's probably most important is that the controller feels pretty nice and already seems to work well.

A. it DOES NOT have analog triggers, trigger means it has more then 2mm of movement to it

B. don't tell me that it "feels pretty nice" it's a PS2 controller with some extra junk inside, I know how a PS2 controller feels, and it sucks, so don't try to tell me it feels nice. (I was really hoping for something more ergonomic this time)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2006, 05:46:00 AM »

Wow.  I find it rather pathetic that they are ripping off MS and Nintendo's controllers.  Mores so with MS.....particularily going with wannabe triggers and a guide button in the middle.  Hell they  might as well not stopped their and also copied MS's analog stick placement, becuase as it the ps3 controller will still suck for FPS.

lowendfrequency

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2006, 06:00:00 AM »

Man, I hate the dual shock design.  It isn't contoured to the hand at all. I always have dents in my palms after I'm done playing.  dry.gif

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

I liked the boomerang to be honest tongue.gif

crobar

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2006, 06:58:00 AM »

the pic of the controllers over at kotaku of the controllers looks like it has the second sholder buttons as trigers now...maybe not analog

does anyone else thing its a blow to MS as they are the only ones without some kind of motion control?

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

Its still 7 controllers and I hope MS follows suit (with the motion sensor thing not the 7 controller crap) cause its the only reason i am considering "that other system by nintendo".

Johnny Johnson

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 07:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(yaazz @ May 9 2006, 09:04 AM) View Post

I liked the boomerang to be honest tongue.gif

LOL.  I think I liked the boomerang better myself.  biggrin.gif

gamerguy999

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(incognegro @ May 9 2006, 07:15 AM) View Post

Its still 7 controllers and I hope MS follows suit (with the motion sensor thing not the 7 controller crap) cause its the only reason i am considering "that other system by nintendo".

Sony, nor MS, can copy most of the Wii's motion capabities, because Nintendo has patented them. That is why Sony could only to the gyrope tilting thing.

mathias

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(gamerguy999 @ May 9 2006, 03:45 PM) View Post

Sony, nor MS, can copy most of the Wii's motion capabities, because Nintendo has patented them. That is why Sony could only to the gyrope tilting thing.

so with tilting I get to play a more intense super monkey ball?