xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Controller Re-design  (Read 352 times)

MusashiX2

• Archived User
Controller Re-design
« on: March 22, 2006, 10:14:00 PM »

i want them to change the letters on the side of the console before they change the controller.  i havent held the boomerang, i dunno if it is good.  i can see the stupid spider-man font, i know it is stupid looking.  they have their own font that is pretty cool looking thats used by both ps2 and psp.  why change their own signature look?

i wonder if the new controller will be a cross between the boomerang and the dualshock 2, kinda like a more slender ds2?

roboangel

• Archived User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(MusashiX2 @ Mar 23 2006, 06:21 AM) View Post

i want them to change the letters on the side of the console before they change the controller.  i havent held the boomerang, i dunno if it is good.  i can see the stupid spider-man font, i know it is stupid looking.  they have their own font that is pretty cool looking thats used by both ps2 and psp.  why change their own signature look?

i wonder if the new controller will be a cross between the boomerang and the dualshock 2, kinda like a more slender ds2?

yeah I know, it's good that they are going to re-design it cause I don't like the boomerang shaped one  smile.gif

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 07:22:00 PM »

not like we're saying that the controller makes a console.

i didn't stop to think about buying a gamecube because of the controller! Its all about the comfort of the controller rather than the looks, the xbox 360 controller is awesome because it didn't change much between the two consoles (# of buttons, shape) and that it is really comfortable.

Maybe Sony thinks that the PS3 controller is comfortable, maybe thats why they introduced it before. The thing is they are thinking about changing the design of it for the wrong reasons! They are worried about disappointing the fanboys, instead of worrying about whats best for a next-gen console.

By the way I'm all for Xbox 360, not because of the controller though

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 6 2006, 09:29 PM) View Post

not like we're saying that the controller makes a console.

i didn't stop to think about buying a gamecube because of the controller! Its all about the comfort of the controller rather than the looks, the xbox 360 controller is awesome because it didn't change much between the two consoles (# of buttons, shape) and that it is really comfortable.

Maybe Sony thinks that the PS3 controller is comfortable, maybe thats why they introduced it before. The thing is they are thinking about changing the design of it for the wrong reasons! They are worried about disappointing the fanboys, instead of worrying about whats best for a next-gen console.

By the way I'm all for Xbox 360, not because of the controller though

Maybe they will just use the PS1/PS2 controller because its the most comfertable controller ive used. and also, if your all for the xbox 360, why did u make like 9 replies in the ps3 forums and have only 9 posts? just wondering.. just another person trying to bash PS3 because you love 360?

CattyKid

• Archived User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 09:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Apr 6 2006, 08:23 PM) View Post

Maybe they will just use the PS1/PS2 controller because its the most comfertable controller ive used. and also, if your all for the xbox 360, why did u make like 9 replies in the ps3 forums and have only 9 posts? just wondering.. just another person trying to bash PS3 because you love 360?

You think that is the most comfortable controller?  Better than the Controller S?  Better than the 360 controller?
I used to think it had the best controller, but after using the S and 360 controllers I love them.  But I used to love the PS controller, never as much as I do Xbox though.

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Apr 6 2006, 11:54 PM) View Post

You think that is the most comfortable controller?  Better than the Controller S?  Better than the 360 controller?
I used to think it had the best controller, but after using the S and 360 controllers I love them.  But I used to love the PS controller, never as much as I do Xbox though.

Too be honest, i dont like the S controller, the 360 controller is nice it takes the shape of the PS2 controller but yeah The PS controller is still my fav

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Apr 6 2006, 09:23 PM) View Post

i have only 9 posts because i just joined xbox-scene.com and since ps3scene.com is part of it, i get to  post on these as well

And yes i like the 360 better than PS3, get over it

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2006, 04:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 7 2006, 05:56 PM) View Post

And yes i like the 360 better than PS3, get over it

get over what? because your on PS3SCENE bashing it? yay!, if you wana keep badmouthing it and saying stuff like get over it to me, maybe u should PM me. thanks!

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2006, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Apr 7 2006, 10:29 PM) View Post

mmmm crap all over my thread........anyway i cant come across the pic as of yet probably wont at this point......oh well the ps3 controller will be at e3

yes, perhaps the controller will be the same as the PS2 (that would be the best)

And to DragoNs....

quit complaining, alot of sony worshipers stink up our sites so now i'm returning the favor (not that i'm  worshiper, i'm just a huge fan)

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2006, 11:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 8 2006, 12:26 AM) View Post

And to DragoNs....

quit complaining, alot of sony worshipers stink up our sites so now i'm returning the favor (not that i'm  worshiper, i'm just a huge fan)

So your here Just to stink up this site? just because a few people do this to you doesn't mean you have to do it to others, get mature please.

Now to the topic, i think they probably will use the normal duelshock controller, just so it can be compatable with some games on the other consoles, like the PS2 controller works in PS1.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2006, 02:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Apr 8 2006, 12:51 AM) View Post

So your here Just to stink up this site? just because a few people do this to you doesn't mean you have to do it to others, get mature please.

Now to the topic, i think they probably will use the normal duelshock controller, just so it can be compatable with some games on the other consoles, like the PS2 controller works in PS1.

get mature? you first, all you do is complain, you want me to stop bashing at you, then stop questioning what i say, this is a forum and everyone's opinion counts

And yes, i hope that the PS3 will have the same controller as the PS2 and the PS1, that would be the best

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Invader @ Apr 9 2006, 05:04 PM) View Post

get mature? you first, all you do is complain, you want me to stop bashing at you, then stop questioning what i say, this is a forum and everyone's opinion counts

no, i want you to stop bashing the system.... i complain cause theres no need for bashing and trying to say xbox is better because thats your personal opinion.

Mr Invader

• Archived User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2006, 03:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(DragoNs @ Apr 9 2006, 04:09 PM) View Post

no, i want you to stop bashing the system.... i complain cause theres no need for bashing and trying to say xbox is better because thats your personal opinion.

and your personal opinion is that the PS2 is better, we both have opinions(duh). And it seems that you were the one that started bashing me, not the other way around

DragoNs

• Recovered User
Controller Re-design
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2006, 12:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(yourM0M @ Apr 10 2006, 02:20 PM) View Post

both of you fags should be banned by now as far as im concerned.....look at the most recent post's in the ps3 forums......they are all you 2 bickering in each and every damn thread.....cant even keep it all to one thread.......at least its the ps3 area i guess......be my guest keep crapping on the threads....too bad i cant lock my own topics

Atleast i post something towards the topic aswell, I just hate when people bash something they havnt even seen  yet..