xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Confused Need Advise  (Read 225 times)

poper100

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« on: April 18, 2011, 05:12:00 AM »

right ive not got a (jailbreak dongle) or a (ipod touch) im running 3.50 is there anyway i can jailbreak my ps3 without these ... if there is is there any tutoirls on how to do it as i carnt find any ...

cheers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »

You are not searching for the right terms then. There are methods to install custom firmwares with out a jailbreak dongle. The sites that host the firmwares are not allowed to be linked to here so links can not be posted so just keep searching and you will find what you seek

amble

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:33:00 AM »

Yes you can - you will just need a fat32 formatted usb pendrive.

The path is to install OFW 3.55, then CFW 3.55, then homebrew apps. if you google for:

CFW kmeaw + OFW 3.55 + GAIA 2.05 ready to install

Then there is a guide written on how to do it (but update the Gaia to the latest version)

poper100

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »

cheers guys ive just done it and im copying a game as i speak .... whats the normal time it takes to copy a game to the hd?

This post has been edited by poper100: Apr 20 2011, 12:35 AM

poper100

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 07:45:00 PM »

strange ive installed CFW kmeaw + OFW 3.55 + GAIA 2.05 and i even installed multiman , saves games to hd but when i click to play it comes up on the ps3 screen and under the game section the game isnt there even tho it says it saved to the hd? any idears

flash360

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »

So how did you manage to install kmeaw 3.55 over ofw 3.55 without a jb dongle or anything blink.gif
To be exact how did you boot into recovery blink.gif
It's not the first time I have had to correct that bad advice from someone who obviously cant read an entire post before firing off a crap wrong answer grr.gif

Actually acording to your last post you installed ofw over kmeaw laugh.gif
If you dont have a dongle you should go 3.50 ofw to 3.55 kmeaw

You can go up in the firmware number with just a usb memory stick smile.gif

With a dongle or some phones or psp bla bla you can go sideways or sometimes back  biggrin.gif

Last time I looked if you go to 3.56 ofw you are screwed blink.gif

poper100

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »

**Link Removed**

ive try both installs from this site and i copy the games to hd and they dont come up , also now on multiman im getting the message before it starts saying (multiman cannot enable bd rom emulator. functionality maybe restricted)

please can someone shed some light on this as last night id thought id cracked it , then the games just wernt coming up even tho it has said they were on the hd .....tryed multiman and gia and both did the same..

This post has been edited by steveo1978: Apr 21 2011, 07:32 PM

poper100

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(flash360 @ Apr 20 2011, 05:17 PM) View Post

So how did you manage to install kmeaw 3.55 over ofw 3.55 without a jb dongle or anything blink.gif
To be exact how did you boot into recovery blink.gif
It's not the first time I have had to correct that bad advice from someone who obviously cant read an entire post before firing off a crap wrong answer grr.gif

Actually acording to your last post you installed ofw over kmeaw laugh.gif
If you dont have a dongle you should go 3.50 ofw to 3.55 kmeaw

You can go up in the firmware number with just a usb memory stick smile.gif

With a dongle or some phones or psp bla bla you can go sideways or sometimes back  biggrin.gif

Last time I looked if you go to 3.56 ofw you are screwed blink.gif

right so what your saying is i shouldnt have updated it with the officail 3.55 then installed kmeaw ?
i should have just installed the kmeaw as the update , sorry if this is the case it isnt made clear on that site i was going on...

notroubleclubber

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:28:00 AM »

You need a dvd game in the drive and so then when you click on the game in multiman you want t run it will kick you back to the main ps3 screen where you should now see your game - easy!

poper100

• Archived User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(notroubleclubber @ Apr 21 2011, 05:28 PM) View Post

You need a dvd game in the drive and so then when you click on the game in multiman you want t run it will kick you back to the main ps3 screen where you should now see your game - easy!

tryed that and dont work for me , ive got it going now anyway with gaia ... no need to downgrade afterall

steveo1978

• Recovered User
Confused Need Advise
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(poper100 @ Apr 20 2011, 03:03 PM) View Post

**Link Removed**

ive try both installs from this site and i copy the games to hd and they dont come up , also now on multiman im getting the message before it starts saying (multiman cannot enable bd rom emulator. functionality maybe restricted)

please can someone shed some light on this as last night id thought id cracked it , then the games just wernt coming up even tho it has said they were on the hd .....tryed multiman and gia and both did the same..

Stop linking to those sites. Next time you will get a suspension or possibly a ban from here.