xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bricked Ps3 Phat With 3.56 Fw  (Read 203 times)

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
Bricked Ps3 Phat With 3.56 Fw
« on: April 15, 2011, 06:13:00 AM »

A friend brought me a PS3 phat after his mate tried to jailbreak it without success. I don't know exaclty what he did or how, but I assume he used special jailbreak key to enable service mode and the his cfw freeze during installation. He told me that he turned off the console when the installation was frozen, so on reboot the screen was all black and the PS3 shutting down after half minute.

When I got it, I tried to enter service mode with the usual power button trick but no success. Then I formatted his HDD and when I turned it on, it went to the main service menu.
I formated the HDD and restore defaults. Still in service mode. Then I tried to update the ofw to 3.60 to test of the NAND is ok, and there I got an issue, while the installation seemd to be 100% on reboot.... black screen and nothing was wrorking again.

I tried reformat the HDD on the PC, no success
Tried to enter service mode with all the available tricks, no success
Tried the usb stick with the .info boot files, no success

I don't have jailbreak usb to try anything, and I wonder what else is left to try. Any ideas?

P.S. Someone says that removing the internal battery might reset the boot procedures and be able to exit service mode later. Should I open the PS3 and try?

Maximize

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »

go to psx scene you are in the wrong place, and you should have read up on this there before doing anything, and so should he have.

notroubleclubber

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »

Why did you install 3.60 firmware?
Thsi firmare isnt hacked so you should have read up on this on not messed around with something you dont understand!!!!

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 02:12:00 AM »

it was supposed to have faild CFW installation and had original firmware 3.50 inside. I didnt try to do the jailbreak or anything. A noob tried to and messed it up.

Update: I removed the battery as I was suggested on another forum, no luck. Still the same. No success

P.S. I think this section is about general hacking too, so I post on write section of the forum.

This post has been edited by MadMaxGR: May 2 2011, 09:15 AM

Khaine

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 01:38:00 AM »

Ok, just need to clear a couple of points.

1) Is it running OFW3.56 as per your thread title?
2) Is it in actual service mode? (Big red box on the screen).

If yes to both of the above, your friend is out of luck. 3.56 PS3's can only be taken out of service mode by a qualified Sony engineer. Also, you cannot update the firmware to 3.6 from service mode. That's how you're bricking it. You cannot downgrade from 3.56 either.

MadMaxGR

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 01:50:00 AM »

Yes that is what I thought! I told him to get it back to SONY and get a refurbished one paying the usual fee.