xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New To Ps3 Scene - What To Do?  (Read 213 times)

billybob360

• Archived User
New To Ps3 Scene - What To Do?
« on: February 10, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »

Hi guys,

So i got an e3 reader in to play around with the fat ps3 i never use.

I am a little confused on what to do. I thought I followed the instructions alright, but not sure what the ps3 should be doing etc.

Could someone point me to a single guide? or explain what it is that I may be overlooking? (as in general issue that other people have experienced)

I have jtagged xbox's and have read that the nandx can be used to mod the ps3 too.... which would be the better options then - (found this after i got the e3).

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

BB

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 04:31:00 PM »

You can update to 3.55 then just install the Kmeaw custom firmware which will get you homebrew and backups working.

There is no need for any USB devices now.

billybob360

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 07:14:00 PM »

Cheers Ranger,

Can you point me to a guide to follow? or just google? Would prefer a tried and tested guide so I know that I am doing everything right.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 11:52:00 AM »

Go to psx-scene.com and look for Kmeaw custom firmware. Put it on a USB thumb drive and go to the system update option on the console and install it. Done.

You will likely want to install official 3.55 firmware first. Make sure it is not 3.56 firmware.

billybob360

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 09:17:00 PM »

Cheers Ranger! your a champ (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

StayingOccupied

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 05:48:00 PM »

I have a question for you guys. I dont want to make a thread because it would kinda be a duplicate.

I just got a 40gb ps3 that has been in its box the last 3+ years. Before I go and do some update I regret i thought i'd ask. Should i just update to the 3.55? Or is there something that mine could do that is better than the kmeaw?

thanks

StayingOccupied

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »

its software version 1.97

darkneovamp

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(StayingOccupied @ Mar 26 2011, 07:48 PM) View Post

I have a question for you guys. I dont want to make a thread because it would kinda be a duplicate.

I just got a 40gb ps3 that has been in its box the last 3+ years. Before I go and do some update I regret i thought i'd ask. Should i just update to the 3.55? Or is there something that mine could do that is better than the kmeaw?

thanks

I'm pretty new to the PS3 scene myself, like a month or so.  I just got a 120gb slim and put 3.55 kmeaw on it.  From all the reading I have done no CFW can let you on PSN at the moment, since sony patched the 3.56 and 3.60 spoof, and 3.55 kmeaw is the most stable of all the CFWs out.  I'm sure that someone will correct me if I am wrong.  Not sure if you can just go from 1.97 strait to 3.55 kmeaw though.  The slim I bought had 3.27 I believe and I went straight to 3.55 kmeaw without going to 3.55 OFW first.

IcBlUsCrN

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »

you could update to ofw 3.55 directly(find it on the web) without a problem. the only thing you really lose the ability to install run linux. Even though i think there is abesos that basically dual boots so you can have linux but dont quote me.
There is cfw for 3.41 that allows you to keep linux but you will need to do your own dd.
Dont put on CFW if you want to use psn that fact that it works from time to time is a bonus but you should not expect it ,nor expect to get banned or have your ps3 get corrupted. There has been rumors of a rootkit and sonys new TOS does not sound good.