xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Any Point Of Installing 3.55?  (Read 143 times)

STICKY_BUD

• Archived User
Any Point Of Installing 3.55?
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »

the answers to all of your questions are yes. if you do not care about backups, the current cfw's will be ok for you, but i personally suggest waiting a bit longer until you have verified that the emu's you want to play are all working correctly on the new cfw's. finding a website that has up to date information posted by the website staff will help you know when to do this. unfortunately, all of the websites i have found for info have forced popup ads or worse so i cannot suggest any of them to you. just do a search for "ps3 cfw hacks" or similar terms and you will see what i mean.

SNAAAKE

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »

I have a similar question too. is it safe to install this cfw and not get banned from psn? I dont care about playing backups and have legit games but I am curious about homebrew stuff.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(SNAAAKE @ Jan 16 2011, 02:31 PM) View Post

I have a similar question too. is it safe to install this cfw and not get banned from psn? I dont care about playing backups and have legit games but I am curious about homebrew stuff.

They are not banning yet. But they will know if you load homebrew. The PS3 phones home all the time to send reports of what apps are being loaded and other data that tells them that your console is able to load homebrew.

As of now they are not banning consoles even though they know what ones are using homebrew. but I am sure at some point this will change since now they pretty much have no other choice for trying to block homebrew and backups on even retail firmware.