xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: PS3: Not Just For Games Anymore  (Read 859 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
PS3: Not Just For Games Anymore
« on: December 15, 2008, 11:07:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 16-12-2008 0:31 EST

From US Playstation Blog

Starting tonight, our Video Delivery Service campaign officially launches with our first airing on Monday Night Football, but we're giving our loyal fans an early look right here.

When the Video Delivery Service launched on July 15th, we broadened our content offering to include TV shows and movies to make the PS3 the total entertainment package. With nearly 1000 full-length movies and 2700 TV episodes for download onto the PS3 or PSP, the Video Delivery Service brings you digital entertainment right into your living room (popcorn not included). So check out great titles like The Dark Knight, Hancock, Iron Man, Family Guy, and much more.

The TV spot uses humor to convey that the PS3 is not just a gaming machine but also a "movie downloading machine" when a guy tries to win over his skeptical girlfriend. You'll have to watch the TV spot to find out how this classic guy vs. girl face-off plays out to see who wins in the end.

And don't forget, you only have until December 31, 2008 to save $150 on the purchase of a PLAYSTATION 3 by signing up for a PlayStation credit card!

We know you guys are a vocal group and we look forward to reading your comments. Enjoy and roll the video!

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 08:35:00 AM »

Starting tonight, our Video Delivery Service campaign officially launches
...In the USA

BanditRW

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 11:30:00 AM »

Yep...thats pretty much all I use my PS3 for...........oh wait,stand-alone BluRay players are now $169  rolleyes.gif

hamwbone

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 05:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(bucko @ Dec 16 2008, 09:35 AM) View Post

...In the USA

hey i have an idea, why don't you start up a European based company to launch a console! you would be rich, but it would only play soccer games (footie/football) and f1 racing  tongue.gif  tongue.gif

:jokes off:  cool.gif

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 03:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(BanditRW @ Dec 17 2008, 02:06 PM) *
Yep...thats pretty much all I use my PS3 for...........oh wait,stand-alone BluRay players are now $169  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Aside from disputing the quality of a Blu-ray player that cheap, since when do standalone Blu-ray players let you download movies and TV shows?

wickedcid

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »

I agree my kids have every device going and spent a fortune but i would have to say the quality of the ps3 for gaming and movies along with built in wi-fi and not to mention rarely do you see one broken down it is well worth the money. I got them a xbox 360 for x-mas last year to save $100 bucks evn after the horror stories i have heard about the failure rate, well guess what rrod in 4 days,returned it to walmart on Dec 30 of last year and forked out the extra coin and they have been playing hard core on it without a flaw. Wi-fi for 360 was $100 so there even but the play station has the blu-ray kicker, best move i ever made. This new addition sounds really interesting.

Wickedcid

This post has been edited by wickedcid: Dec 20 2008, 07:56 PM

Norco

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »

This commercial is almost as bad as the Vista Mohave commercials. It gets the point across, but the "humor" of the commercial sucks a Japanese hard one.