xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Survey: Blu-Ray Movie Viewing On PS3 On The Rise  (Read 267 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Survey: Blu-Ray Movie Viewing On PS3 On The Rise
« on: May 01, 2008, 10:22:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 1-5-2008 23:46 EST

From gamasutra.com:

According to a new Warner Home Video survey, customers are increasingly using PlayStation 3 consoles to watch Blu-Ray video content, with the percentages of both number of households and time spent watching rising from late 2007 to early 2008.

Sanders indicated that the amount of time PlayStation 3 users spent watching Blu-ray videos rose from 15 percent of console usage in the fourth quarter of 2007 to 23 percent in January and February of 2008.

The Warner exec also said that the amount of PlayStation 3 purchasers using the console as a Blu-ray player rose significantly - from 53 percent in September of 2007 to 80 percent early in 2008.

Full Story: gamasutra.com

irnchriz

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 02:13:00 AM »

Apart from GTA IV and COD4 what else is there to do with a PS3?

I use mine for BR and media streaming. oh, and remote play.  which seems to be broken now.  It won't switch on remotely after the last update.  ?!?!

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 02:19:00 AM »

How the chuff can they possibly know this. Did they ask everyone who owns one?

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2008, 12:18:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 2 2008, 09:55 AM) View Post

How the chuff can they possibly know this. Did they ask everyone who owns one?

Apparently not, cause I just ordered the Harry Potter BD set from them (which I also tried to cancel when they told me it'd be 3 weeks. Upon trying to cancel, they rushed a set to my door). They never asked me what I would be playing them on, and didn't even apologize for sending me a broken box.... now I gotta goto my local cinram and see if they can swap the box for me.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 11:27:00 AM »

^^^
 You're still trying to revive a horse that has been dead months. This is nothing to do with HD-DVD v BR any more. You bought into a format that died learn to accept it graciously.