xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Analyst: PS3 a Crutch to the Blu-ray Market  (Read 403 times)

Elemino

• Archived User
Analyst: PS3 a Crutch to the Blu-ray Market
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2008, 08:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Apr 28 2008, 04:31 AM) View Post

The type of person who can not cope with switching a machine off if the standby button is not in an identical place to his TV remote is not really the type of person who would be interested in a BR player. If they are interested enough in BR to want a player they would have some basic understanding of something like the remote control.
 If you are meaning the near death age of the population, then they probably purchased a BR player because they read they need one in  a magazine somewhere. They won't need the off switch. They will never switch it on or use it, just like the DVD player they thought they needed biggrin.gif
You wouldn't believe the number of people that fit the description 'want bluray, but can't figure out how to work it' that comes into my store. I had a woman buy a DVD RECORDER! But she couldn't figure out why her sharp tv would not play anything from it when she hooked it up herself.  She came into the store atleast 4 times to have someone explain to her, "connect the cable box to the recorder, connect the recorder to the tv." She was like when I do that I can't, " blah blah" and you get the point. She said I was the first person that ever told her she had to change the input on the TV... I knew exactly where it was going from there.
Pages: 1 [2]