xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blu-ray Titles Price Cut as Low as 14.99usd at Amazon  (Read 342 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Blu-ray Titles Price Cut as Low as 14.99usd at Amazon
« on: January 13, 2008, 11:13:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 14-1-2008 0:37 EST

From punchjump.com:

Amazon.com this week price cut Blu-ray disc format titles to as low as $14.99 in the latest wave of high-definition price wars.

More than 200 Blu-ray disc titles are discounted at the online retailer, including Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Ratatouille, and Superbad.

warmaster_670

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 01:01:00 AM »

wow, $15?

i have to pay $20+ for a new DVD

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »

Some good titles for cheap money in that. Hope the UK follows suit.

andyb22

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 05:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Jan 15 2008, 12:45 AM) View Post

i doubt amazon will be selling bluray at such discounts by itself so i expect bestbuy and other retailers to follow... however, if the consumer has made the clear choice(bluray) AND if hd-dvd really is dead, isnt this a poor business choice?

I still think that there are alot of people out there who own HDTV's and really have no idea between blu-ray and HD-DVD and have no idea that almost everyone is jumping off ship of HD-DVD. Since Toshiba will be selling there players and probably movies very cheap to try some last ditch effort i think Sony will have to follow with a little bit of a sale to try to get some of those people who have no idea about the war to buy blu-ray. And then i think once Toshiba has bowed out the prices will go right back up untill some other companies start to make cheaper Blu-ray players.