xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Warner Bro's Total HD Format Delayed To 2008  (Read 72 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Warner Bro's Total HD Format Delayed To 2008
« on: June 28, 2007, 09:26:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 28-6-2007 22:50 EST

From ign.com:

Way back in January, shortly before CES, Warner Brothers announced it would premier a new disc technology for next-gen DVD players that would press HD-DVD material on one side and Blu-ray data on the other. The unique combo format, dubbed Total HD, was planned as a means of mitigating consumer fear in choosing one warring format over the other. The first titles on the new format were scheduled to begin appearing at retail this month.

Warner Brothers has now announced that its Total HD discs will in fact not be making an appearance in 2007 at all. No details were provided as to why the delay was necessitated, though Warner is now apparently aiming for a launch in early 2008.

Full Story: ign.com

itchy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 07:50:00 AM »

Translation: "We don't think one format will last long (HD-DVD) therefore we're going to hold off a bit longer to see where we stand by the end of the year.  Then if one of the formats (blu-ray), is pulling even further ahead, we'll just pull the plug on this Total HD thing and not waste our money."

chane2k1

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 12:22:00 AM »

Smart move Warner Bros. I don't want combo discs, I hate them! Besides im happy with Blu-ray, I had HD-DVD for awhile but universal is just rapidly pushing out a bunch of crap that isn't even remastered because even they are unsure about HD-DVD. They wanna save they're bigger catalog titles for the winner of the war. Go Blu-Ray!