xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blu-ray has 5 to 1 Edge Over HD DVD Players  (Read 74 times)

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Blu-ray has 5 to 1 Edge Over HD DVD Players
« on: June 20, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »

If you were just comparing stand alone players than HD-DVD sold 50,000 more units than Blu-Ray biggrin.gif

Thos numbers are kind of shitty, both the formats are not selling very well at all. I hope somebody wins soon but i bet this is going to drag on forever.

Chancer

• Archived User
Blu-ray has 5 to 1 Edge Over HD DVD Players
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 04:09:00 PM »

If you were just comparing stand alone players than HD-DVD sold 50,000 more units than Blu-Ray

That means nothing really as you don't know how many people bought a PS3 primarily as a Blu-Ray Player. I did and it has the added bonus that I actually have enjoyed some other features and the game playback aspect. At the time of purchase it was cheaper than a Stand alone player. The Hifi/Video magazines at launch were reviewing the PS3 purely based on it playing Blu-Ray discs so it is not impossible that many PS3 sales were in fact driven by the Blu-Ray aspect. I doubt it would be the massive games catalogue as that has yet to arrive.
 At the end of the day it doesn't matter if the player is standalone or PS3 it is a big difference which has got to also tell on retail sales of the respective discs.