xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Blu-ray disc coatings starting to rot?  (Read 81 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Blu-ray disc coatings starting to rot?
« on: June 17, 2007, 04:08:00 AM »

It is actually one title that has a problem reported. There is actually no suggestion that this is happening throughout the Blu-Ray media as a whole. I would be interested to know what the response from the manufacturer would be on this and what is the actual cause. Presumably a problem limited to the one batch or manufacturing run. If not then those of us with Blu-Ray collections are not receiving good news.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 09:58:00 AM »

I really hope this isn't true. sad.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »

I removed all the off topic stuff. Let's stick to discussion of the main post now.
I read through the posts on this problem and it is only one disc at the moment, but obviously not every copy of this so i am leaning towards a bad batch of discs. (Fingers crossed)

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(pirichios @ Jun 17 2007, 11:19 PM) View Post

hopefully the people who bought this title and have encountered these problems will get their discs replaced  sleep.gif

I think they have a good claim. Looking at the picture it can't be damage created by any improper use of the disc. I would like to see hi-res shots of both sides of the disc and what the damage looks like very close up

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »

I seem to recall a similar problem with writable media in Australia a few years back... some kind of fungus that ate away at the protective coatings. I wonder if this is at all related.