xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (CES07) Warner officially announces Total Hi Def hybrid disc  (Read 113 times)

mlmadmax

• Archived User
(CES07) Warner officially announces Total Hi Def hybrid disc
« on: January 09, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

Holy shit this is getting confusing blink.gif

C o s m o

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 08:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kamasutra318 @ Jan 10 2007, 01:43 AM) View Post

Umm, these new discs are probably going to be very expensive comparatively. Of course the materials of the disc won't cost more, but since when have the prices of materials for optical discs been directly related to how much they sell for?

Maybe, maybe not.
If it was me, I would make it the SAME price.  You're really paying for the content on the disc, right?  Well, it's the same movie, not 2 movies.
If the media costs are the same, I'd just make the price the same.  You'll corner the market doing that!

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(C o s m o @ Jan 10 2007, 10:09 AM) View Post

Maybe, maybe not.
If it was me, I would make it the SAME price.  You're really paying for the content on the disc, right?  Well, it's the same movie, not 2 movies.
If the media costs are the same, I'd just make the price the same.  You'll corner the market doing that!

That's some interesting logic, but as far as they're concerned you're also paying for the convenience and (presumably) increased production costs. Even current HD DVD/DVD hybrid movies are priced higher.