xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Vs Xbox360  (Read 923 times)

J1mmyD

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xbox360
« on: January 31, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »

Hello All

Im new here but keen on becoming a consistent member, I crave online socializing, especially with regards to my hobby's and having a laugh ! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/jester.gif)

Anyhoo, Im aware that the PS3's hardware technically has nettyer performing GFX than xbox 360.

My friend owns an xbox360 and have mostly played that and rearely the PS3.

Of course I know if you spend a fortune on your RIG, a PC can outperform anything. In terms of real life performance, does the ps3 give off better frame rates and nicer quality quite noticeably compared to the xbox?

I recently got a new LG 42" 1080p LED TV  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) and keen to find out which one is going to play and look better. Im currently working on a project with an xbox in need of repair. I also have a PS3 however, I managed to fix a very difficult update loop problem then eventually sorted the blue ray drive but then overheated to point of YLOD. After trying everything possible the only thing left to do is the Heat Gun treatment (any comments or experience of that would be awesome  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

Am I right in saying the xbox's online functionality is better than that of the PS3 or is it more down to personal preference?

I remember reading years ago that the 360 is built more like a PC with mobo, CPU, GFX card\chipset and so on where as the PS3 has more of a specific SONY system to obtain better data thruput

Any input would be great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

dcaway

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xbox360
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 09:13:00 PM »

honestly i own and play both systems, neither online though. live costs and as far as i know psn is still free? what drives me insane about the ps3 is that any new game you want to play typically installs something to the hdd to make up the blu ray seek/read time,,, that being said, i am soooo sick of the ps3 installing,, updating.. ect. ect... enough already, sometimes it takes a good half hour before you can enjoy your games... i usually dont have the free time to donate to a screen that says "installing please wait" . also i find the 360 controller more comfortable, but that is just my preference.

beastJane02

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xbox360
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 01:14:00 AM »

I'm having only Xbox 360, but I  was playing PS3 a couple of time and I think Xbox is better. It has more options I think, especially if you have Xbox Live.

LastNurd

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xbox360
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 05:13:00 PM »

I have both and I slightly prefer the 360 pad when playing FPS games.

SmokeTire

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xbox360
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:51:00 AM »

They are kind of equal and I’ll choose them both.

Weeper

• Archived User
Ps3 Vs Xbox360
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 03:49:00 AM »

I have both consoles and I play them very often.