xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: R.i.p I Have A Brick  (Read 794 times)

strawdog

• Archived User
R.i.p I Have A Brick
« on: November 03, 2012, 11:22:00 AM »

Is there ANY way to unBrick my FAT ps3?
i do not have the back up files nor do i have an E3 flasher,
just a nice big shiny black brick that the green light comes on, Hdd light flicks once then it sits there with no video signal..........
i'm in NYC area and hoping someone offers some sort of miracle recovery service !

thanks in advance

vb_encryption_vb

• Archived User
R.i.p I Have A Brick
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 06:58:00 PM »

There is no way of fixing without the backup from what I understand.

Cold|Fusion

• Archived User
R.i.p I Have A Brick
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 06:45:00 AM »

Written by Rogero

After Testing with some bricked Slim consoles ( from updating to CFW4.21 ) with different friends and testers around the world,
I can confirm that Bricked consoles can be recovered back to CFW3.55 even if you didn't have a NOR Dump/Backup .

Requirements are:
1- a Hardware Flasher so you can read/write to the PS3 NOR flash
2- A Dongle with PSgrade payload (any old jailbreak dongle + PSGrade hex will do) used to Enter Factory Service Mode (FSM)
3- Rogero CEX3.55 v3.7 PUP

Recovery Procedure :
1- Dump the current NOR Flash of the bricked PS3 at least 3 times using a hardware flasher (Progskeet / E3 / TEENSY++)
2- Verify that it is properly dumped and you have a valid dump ready to be patched with the downgrade patches.
3- Patch the dump using Rogero PS3 NOR Auto Patcher or any other Program available.
3- Flash the Patched Dump back into the PS3 NOR using the Hardware flasher.
4- From this point you can continue as a normal Downgrade Procedure by entering Factory Service Mode using the dongle and Flashing Rogero CEX-3.55 v3.7 from the USB stick.

Just noticed you have a Phat which is nand, sorry.

This post has been edited by Cold|Fusion: Nov 8 2012, 03:30 PM