xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Can A Ps3 Run On 12v  (Read 877 times)

iamthewolfman

• Archived User
Can A Ps3 Run On 12v
« on: February 15, 2012, 01:14:00 AM »

Forgive me if the question has been asked before but i am looking to put a PS3 consoles into my new 33' Race motorhome and rather than run it through the built in invertor (which is both noisy and power consuming) i am wondering if it can be connected directly to the 12V supply.

I am a complete technical noob so im looking for a compnay that does it or a simple switch of power leads type answer if possible

And im based in the UK (if that makes any difference)

thanks for your help and once again i apologise if this is a repeated question or posted in the wrong thread. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

andom

• Archived User
Can A Ps3 Run On 12v
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 07:50:00 PM »

Ok you need to get a few things:
It took three LM7805 and i placed some optional inline fuses for the 12v and the 5v lines.
open up your ps3, remove the power supply, there are two posts left behind and a white plug. the 2 posts are your 12v, and the white is the 5v. connect the 3 LM7805's in parellel to get 3 amps 5v. and conect the 12v straight threw. photobucket.com/ps3mod

rilski

• Archived User
Can A Ps3 Run On 12v
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 09:40:00 PM »

@andom

I could do this "mod" on an ATX PSU right? the white is for 5v and the other is 12v? correct?

Then on the ATX PSU, just shorting the PSU-ON/GRND will make it work if the power button is pressed via the Ps3.