xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ps3 Is Shutting Down  (Read 276 times)

toygreen88

• Archived User
Ps3 Is Shutting Down
« on: April 01, 2011, 02:55:00 AM »

Hi guys can anyone help me?

My ps3 has shut down and everytime i boot up and automiatically shuts down with a red flashing light??

i am on cfw 3.55 Kameaw i was playing nfs hot pursuits in the middle of a race my ps3 just shut down on its own.

i tried to boot up it goes green for 1 second then goes back to a red (off) flashing light? what does this mean?

i have a launch ps3, hardly every used untill i modded it to cfw 3.55 kameaw??

anyone please help?? suggestions?

kip3000

• Archived User
Ps3 Is Shutting Down
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »

Hey~
Does it go immediately to red flashing or do u get a brief glimpse of yellow 1st?
If you see any yellow then your GPU/CPU will need a proper reflow.
If it goes immediately to flashing red, most likely your power supply has gone bad.
Thes are both relatively straightforward repairs but whatever you do, DON'T EXTRACT YOUR DISK until you get the console repaired.
You will save youself a lot of grief if you take my advice. I can't count how many Bluray drives that I have had to disassemble and reset because of the instant urge to get your game out of a broken console. Don't panic and just leave it in there. You will get it back when the console is functioning again...
Hope this helps!

LeHaM

• Archived User
Ps3 Is Shutting Down
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »

my 1st ps3 i got had ylod and the guy i bought it off wanted his black ops out of it, took me 4hours to fix..