xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: (EU) Sony sold 600K PlayStation 3s during Euro launch  (Read 185 times)

Thraxen

• Archived User
(EU) Sony sold 600K PlayStation 3s during Euro launch
« on: March 27, 2007, 04:17:00 PM »

Not bad... despite all the horror stories about the lack of midnight sales and the like.

lando786

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 04:47:00 PM »

great start hope it keeps going well, 2 bad this post will soon be full of nonbelievers and ranters  jester.gif

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »

I am not there so i don't really know, but according to a bunch of other reports the ps3 has sold almost nothing, not more than the wii.

Someone has there facts messed up and from all the pictures of empty lines i would say it is these guys.

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Mar 27 2007, 05:55 PM) View Post

I am not there so i don't really know, but according to a bunch of other reports the ps3 has sold almost nothing, not more than the wii.

Someone has there facts messed up and from all the pictures of empty lines i would say it is these guys.

I'll take the word of the BBC and a company that tracks sales over some random guy that says, "OMG, I saw 20 PS3 on the shelf at my local electronics store!!".  Fairly empty midnight sales lines at a few random places among the hundreds selling systems ultimately means nothing.   Of course, on the flip side, maybe this was as good as it's going to get and everyone who really wanted a system has one.  Who knows?  But the sales numbers definitely aren't as bad as the doom and gloom of media outlets looking to create yet another Sony-bashing 'news' article led people to believe.

grim_d

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:32:00 PM »

these figures are hardly fair due to the fact the 360 and wii had supply problems

bertiedugger

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »

The fact is they didnt sell out on a launch that had been delayed by 5 months.

As far as im concerned they sold 0 units in the opening weeks in UK and Europe as they decided to fcuk em all off completely.

Had M$ and Nintendo decided to delay their respective launch's who is to say either wouldnt have sold 200,00 units ?

zequal

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 07:03:00 AM »

QUOTE(bertiedugger @ Mar 28 2007, 11:07 AM) View Post

The fact is they didnt sell out on a launch that had been delayed by 5 months.

As far as im concerned they sold 0 units in the opening weeks in UK and Europe as they decided to fcuk em all off completely.

Had M$ and Nintendo decided to delay their respective launch's who is to say either wouldnt have sold 200,00 units ?

why do people keep saying this? i think it's good to delay a launch so you just can walk into a store and say "hey man, i want to buy a ps3" instead of "hey man, i want a ps3. you mean they only launched with 1000 units in my country? screw this!!"

and hey, look what i found on www.playstation.se:

Välkommen till PlayStation

För närvarande har vi väldigt mycket trafik på våra webbplatser.

translation:
wellcome to playstation

at the moment we have alot of traffic on our servers.

i think the demand will rise (in sweden i may ad)

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ Mar 28 2007, 01:39 AM) View Post

these figures are hardly fair due to the fact the 360 and wii had supply problems

Exactly

The Xbox 360's sales numbers - Constrained by manufacturing supply

The Wii's Sales numbers - Constrained by manufacturing supply

The PS3's sales numbers - Constrained by consumer demand

You can't compare it unless the limiting factors are the same. Unless the 360 or Wii was available in greater supply then consumer demand the comparison is completely useless.

bluie

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 11:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(Thraxen @ Mar 29 2007, 01:31 AM) View Post

But saying the PS3 launch is a failure because systems were still on shelf after the opening weekend is equally unfair for the exact same reasons.   Not saying you said that, but that seems to be what a lot of people are trying to say.

My view: If the PS3 broke a launchrecord, then they broke a launchrecord. All these ifs and buts arent really that interesting, because its only speculation. All the while the facts remain - a launchrecord is a launchrecord is a launchrecord.