xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Uncharted: Framerate Issues  (Read 343 times)

Chancer

• Archived User
Uncharted: Framerate Issues
« on: February 03, 2020, 08:28:00 AM »

Played the Demo without issue. Got the game and the bloody thing is shocking. Nice graphics, terrible frame rate issues right from the start. Worse than ConArmys attempt at PES2008. What is going on here with some of these developers? I expected better of Naughty Dog.
Anyone else getting these issues?

ISuckBad45

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 01:43:00 PM »

i just got my PS3 40gig a few days ago. uncharted is the only game i have. i must say that im very impressed with the gameplay graphics! the FPS have been great on mine. no problems at all. dont you think is a good game? so far so good for me

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 02:34:00 PM »

The game is awseome, just distracted in parts by the frame rate problems.

ISuckBad45

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 02:44:00 PM »

yeah im not really far in the game yet. i will keep you posted

KaRiL

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 10:26:00 PM »

played a good 4 hours yesterday and didn't notice any frame rate problems at all....tiniest bit of screen tearing during some cut scenes but nothing that has taken me out of the experience. I'll try to keep an eye out later tonight and see if I notice anything.

This post has been edited by KaRiL: Dec 8 2007, 06:28 AM

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 07:13:00 AM »

I haven't had any frame rate issues with my copy of Uncharted, it runs smooth as butter.

This post has been edited by FCTE: Dec 15 2007, 03:14 PM

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »

I played through the entire game and I didn't notice any framerate problems. I really don't know what to day about the issue you're having considering the other comments here, and I don't remember reading anything about that in any of the reviews I've read either.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 12:56:00 PM »

I haven't played thrue that much of the game but I to noticed the framerate drop here and there. I also noticed the cutscenes looking and playing horribly. I wasn't going to say anything cause i am sick of being labeled a hater but it really is unacceptable.

This and now UT3 just plain sucks on both PS3 and PC, sony needs to get there shit together. sad.gif

Like I said before Haze better rock the shit.

On a psitive note just watched pirates trilogy on blu ray and they all looked great. biggrin.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »

I defend the PS3 when it is required but like I always said , speak my mind if something is not right. I have the PAL version through HDMI. I have tried it on 3 separate HD TVs. The game definitely has frame rate issues. Such a pity because the game is awesome other wise.
The programming is not acceptable to have these glitches.

This post has been edited by Chancer: Dec 16 2007, 12:59 AM

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Dec 15 2007, 02:32 PM) View Post
This and now UT3 just plain sucks on both PS3 and PC, sony needs to get there shit together.

What's wrong with UT3? I was looking forward to picking it up tonight. I know the PS3 version is having some chat issues, like it doesn't work at all. Other than that it's getting great reviews.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 06:15:00 PM »

It just doesn't look that good, everything is very dark and the PS3 doesn't have gamma adjustment. There are some modes you can put it in but the graphics just aren't very impressive. I then went out and got the Pc version hopeing it would look better but the game as a whole just looks average.

For example gears looks similar but much better textures and lighting and that came out a while ago if anything it should look better.

And before anyone says it is not my equipment.

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ Dec 15 2007, 07:51 PM) View Post

It just doesn't look that good, everything is very dark and the PS3 doesn't have gamma adjustment. There are some modes you can put it in but the graphics just aren't very impressive. I then went out and got the Pc version hopeing it would look better but the game as a whole just looks average.

For example gears looks similar but much better textures and lighting and that came out a while ago if anything it should look better.

And before anyone says it is not my equipment.

Unreal Tournament has never had the best graphics, it always looked decent, but nothing spectacular. They focus on the game play. It's kind of on the same page as Halo in that respect.

So how does it run and play? That's all I care about.......... unless it looks like a Playstation 1 game or something.  blink.gif

I went to pick this game up, but even though it's getting pretty good reviews it's not selling well and a lot of people aren't playing so I passed it up..... I really don't need another shooter right now or a dressed up UT 2004.

I might wait and see how the Xbox version fares.

I picked up Folklore instead, I wanted something different.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2007, 03:23:00 AM »

Folklore is great

FCTE

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 16 2007, 04:59 AM) View Post

Folklore is great

I'm really enjoying it. My only two complaints are camera angle sometimes and the motion controls are a little wonky. Other than that the story is engaging and it's a very beautiful game...........and it's not another FPS, we need more non-FPS games that are good.

yaazz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2008, 09:18:00 AM »

I never experienced any framerate issues, but there was a lot of screen tearing......
Pages: [1] 2