xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Best Game Available.  (Read 141 times)

freesafety13

• Archived User
Best Game Available.
« on: August 04, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »

Despite the issues a buddy of mine has been having with his ps3 , I have decided to purchase a ps3 in the near future.  I can only afford one game along with the ps3 and the cost of a second controller, so I would like to know from a collection of people what the best game to purchase is.  Please do not suggest games like Madden or NCAA football, since the actual gameplay mechanics are the same year in and year out.

derf

• Archived User
Best Game Available.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 03:18:00 AM »

At the moment I have Motostorm, Ridge Racer 7, Resistance and Oblivion, if you like racing I recommend Motostorm it has a feel of a classic. If you have not experienced Oblivion on any other platform and you like first person fantasy based games, this game is the best game on the PS3 I would say.  Dare I say better than the Xbox360 version with the poor frame rate.

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
Best Game Available.
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 06:30:00 AM »

I'll add to the above poster's list, Ninja Gaiden Sigma. All of the games mentioned, with the possible exception of Ridge Racer 7, are rather high quality for their genre and the best you'll find on the PS3 as of now. According to gamerankings.com, Oblivion is the highest-rated PS3 game, however if you've played it previously or are not interested in the game type then the others mentioned are fine choices as well for "best game available".

Chancer

• Archived User
Best Game Available.
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »

Depends on when you are buying but Heavenly Sword is out in a few weeks and looks like being a great game.

derf

• Archived User
Best Game Available.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:49:00 AM »

I would agree Heavenly Sword does look good.

freesafety13

• Archived User
Best Game Available.
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 06:32:00 PM »

I have seen still screenshots of Heavenly Sword in Game Informer and it looks like a fun game to play.  As far as Oblivion goes, I have it on the pc and have made over 30 mods for it along with some of the other great ones that were made, and there is no way I could ever go back to the console version.  But it is a great game.

Now as far as a ps3 goes, I now have to push my purchase back until the first week of October because A. my car took a crap on me Monday and I had to replace the battery, alternator, and idle control sensor, and B. my previous employer is taking their sweet time with my severance package from when I resigned rather forcibly.  God Bless America