xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony's Lost Exclusives: A Timeline  (Read 76 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Sony's Lost Exclusives: A Timeline
« on: July 02, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 2-7-2007 21:29 EST

From blog.wired.com:

Having spent a lot of time this afternoon thinking about all the exclusives that PlayStation 3 has lost over the last tumultuous year, we here at Game|Life decided to catalog them in the runup to E3.
* Grand Theft Auto IV
* Assassin's Creed
* Devil May Cry IV
* Virtua Fighter 5
* Beautiful Katamari
* Fatal Inertia

What's Next? -- The two major remaining third-party exclusives for PlayStation 3 are Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII. Konami has certainly never been resistant to putting Metal Gear titles on different hardware; witness Twin Snakes on GameCube and Substance on Xbox. And Microsoft is likely gunning hard for the game. Also, Konami probably prefers making money to losing truckloads of it. All things considered, I'm pretty sure it's already a done deal, given the fact that we hear very credible rumors about it once a week or so.

So that really only leaves Final Fantasy XIII. We know that Square Enix is not blind to the changes in the market. Last Remnant, their latest RPG franchise, will be released simultaneously on both platforms.
Also, Final Fantasy XIII's release is a long, long way off. The EGM crew says that they will miss their stated goal of having a playable demo ready for E3. And Square Enix says the game won't hit until after March 2008.
So does that mean it'll end up on 360? Ehhhhh no. Maybe. Possibly. No. It could remain PlayStation 3 exclusive, although Square Enix would make way more money if it wasn't. But it's not one of those no-brainers like Metal Gear. We'll see where E3 takes us. Maybe the FFXIII logo will be tattooed on Peter Moore's chest.

Full Story: blog.wired.com

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »

MGS4 is most definitely a timed exclusive, at least.  I don't know about Final Fantasy...it could go either way.

This post has been edited by epsilon72: Jul 3 2007, 09:24 PM

anonim1979

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »

Where is
Ace Combat 6
PES
Gundam
Armoured Core
and about 20 other games on this list?

Heet

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »

Ya ace combat 6 made me almost jump up in the air when I found that out.  I cant wait for that game.

The others are just icing.

Ya ace combat 6 made me almost jump up in the air when I found that out.  I cant wait for that game.

The others are just icing.