xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Warhawk Beta  (Read 76 times)

Thraxen

• Archived User
Warhawk Beta
« on: May 25, 2007, 01:15:00 AM »

I found it for download in the store today.  I played a little bit and it was quite a bit of fun, but definitely a beta!  There are some issues with the voice chat... lots of background static in some servers, voice chat suddenly disappears at times, and you sometimes get feedback/echo and can hear your own voice a couple seconds later.  

The most annoying thing was how often I got dropped.  I'd say that 9/10 games I joined I would get disconnected from within 5 minutes.  I double checked all my network settings thinking maybe I have an issue on my end, but everything was working fine (NAT still type '2'... which is what you want to see if you are behind a router).   So I checked the beta forums and apparently it's a common problem... oh well.

So I really enjoyed the game when I was actually able to play for more than a couple of minutes, but lots of problems to deal with too.  This was the first day of the beta though and this is what betas are for.

Ephemeris

• Archived User
Warhawk Beta
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 11:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Thraxen @ May 25 2007, 03:15 AM) View Post

I found it for download in the store today.  I played a little bit and it was quite a bit of fun, but definitely a beta!  There are some issues with the voice chat... lots of background static in some servers, voice chat suddenly disappears at times, and you sometimes get feedback/echo and can hear your own voice a couple seconds later.  

The most annoying thing was how often I got dropped.  I'd say that 9/10 games I joined I would get disconnected from within 5 minutes.  I double checked all my network settings thinking maybe I have an issue on my end, but everything was working fine (NAT still type '2'... which is what you want to see if you are behind a router).   So I checked the beta forums and apparently it's a common problem... oh well.

So I really enjoyed the game when I was actually able to play for more than a couple of minutes, but lots of problems to deal with too.  This was the first day of the beta though and this is what betas are for.

I'm in it too. Add me if you want to play sometime: Ephemeris