xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No FFXIII This Year  (Read 77 times)

epsilon72

• Archived User
No FFXIII This Year
« on: May 23, 2007, 07:12:00 PM »

Well, I think everyone will pretty much be thinking "no duh" for this one.

Final Fantasy games are never on time.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
No FFXIII This Year
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »

I am starting to see a pattern though, soon it will be no games for the PS3 at all till next year, exept games you have already been playing on your 360 for almost a year. tongue.gif

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
No FFXIII This Year
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 12:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ May 23 2007, 09:48 PM) View Post
Well, I think everyone will pretty much be thinking "no duh" for this one.

Final Fantasy games are never on time.

They are known to delay games, but who says this year was "on time"? It had never crossed my mind that it would be released this year.

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ May 24 2007, 01:36 AM) View Post
I am starting to see a pattern though, soon it will be no games for the PS3 at all till next year, exept games you have already been playing on your 360 for almost a year.

I'm afraid I don't see what pattern you're referring to, but I think I understand what you're getting at. It's easier to judge the future by the AAA sequels as they are a known (popular) quantity -- FFXIII and MGS4 -- but the newer titles like Heavenly Sword and LittleBigPlanet appear to have potential to become big as well. And then there's the new Ratchet & Clank and SOCOM games that are still scheduled for this year, neither of which I'm particularly excited about but they're rather popular.

And at least the 360 ports add some additional content -- Oblivion and GRAW2 -- but I don't think enough to convince the average person to buy it again. It is getting close to the point where developers are comfortable enough on PS3 that the multiplatform titles will be released simultaneously. Rockstar has been quite good at making release dates, so I don't see GTAIV being delayed (much) either.

elmo_sni

• Archived User
No FFXIII This Year
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 09:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kamasutra318 @ May 24 2007, 03:21 AM) View Post

And at least the 360 ports add some additional content -- Oblivion and GRAW2

not exclusive content...