xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony PR Mess-up number ... well I lost the count: FF XIII not exclusiv  (Read 81 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User

Sony PR Mess-up number ... well I lost the count: FF XIII not exclusive?
Posted by XanTium | 21-3-2007 22:48 EST

After the announcement of 'Home' and basically the first 'good' PR Sony got in the last 2 years or so I though they might continue on this positive vibe ... well no ... Sony France messed up this time ... enjoy the 'show'. From kotaku.com

In an interview with French newspaper Dernières Nouvelles d'Alsace, SCEE VP Georges Fornay has gone and said something a little... silly. While discussing the upcoming PS3 launch, he thought it'd be a good idea to clarify just where Sony stands in regards to Final Fantasy XIII (translated):
"Lastly, for Final Fantasy XIII, I can say to you that exclusiveness is under discussion"

Right. See, Georges, can I call you Georges? Georges, we were all under the impression FFXIII was already a PS3 exclusive. If what you say is true, now of all times probably wasn't the best to bring this up.

News-Source: kotaku.com

mlmadmax

• Archived User
Sony PR Mess-up number ... well I lost the count: FF XIII not exclusiv
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 09:20:00 PM »

BWAAAAAAAAAAA  HAAA AHHHHHHHH WBA BAAAAAA aaaaaaaaah haaaaa!!!!!!!!

oops  biggrin.gif

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »

mmf...mmfff...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

*agrees with mlmadmax*

Maybe I should just sell me PS3....since it won't have ANY exclusives!

ConteZero76

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

This is what happen when a boy with a commercial degree who thinks that selling apples or tv is the same thing is put in a head office...
BTW he was probably thinking something like "Final Fantasy XIII, Devil May Cry III, Gears of War... what the heck, that's geeky rubbish, just hope to end this quickly, the golf club won't wait for me".

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 06:33:00 AM »

*sigh*

This is too easy....I QUIT! jester.gif

Marrvia

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »

I expect this guy to be fired very soon.  But either Sony will come out with a statement within a week that Final Fantasy XIII is definitely exclusive, or there will be some huge Xbox 360 sales in Japan, because they will have Final Fantasy AND the Mistwalker games.

skarekr0

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 12:33:00 PM »

Just curious. But if Sony is Discussing exclusiveness with Square... wouldnt that mean that they are arranging exclusiveness?

Sony's problems with losing exclusives is because they arent communicating with the dev's. You see, in an interview with Jack Tretton (in my latest game informer), he states that Sony has never paid for an exclusive and that thedevs had always come to them. This round, Sony is pratically the last one out of the gate where next-gen is concerned and seeing as how the 360 has a larger install base, it only makes sense that 3rd parties wouldnt willingly make their game exclusive to a console that has a lower install base number. My point is, if they want exclusives, then they need to start paying for them and if they are "discussing" exclusiveness, then thats more than likely what theyre doing as im pretty sure, the exclusives lost thus far are due to them not communicating with the devs about exclusivity (I assume that they assumed that they would just be exclusive because of the name on the console [arrogance ftw!]).