xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: ?ps3 Game Cost?  (Read 119 times)

Neilinator99

• Archived User
?ps3 Game Cost?
« on: June 22, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »

So  i been hearing differnt things. Apperantly you can preorder PS3 games for the same price of 60$

America Stores--60$

UK Stores--75$

are these prices mistakes of game stores making there own price or are theyt official prices.

I can understand how people would feel when the preordered there game for 60$ then come launch day find out that it actually cost like 70$ or 80$.. grr.gif

What do you guys think?

incognegro

• Archived User
?ps3 Game Cost?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 12:34:00 PM »

$60?......lol

KAGE360

• Archived User
?ps3 Game Cost?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »

im not entirely sure what you are trying to get at, but from the sound of it you are questioning what the chances are that people prepay for games at $60 and when they pick up the games they are asked to pay more.  this topic has been discussed many time before and there is no real way of predicting the outcome until it is announced.  i'm sure the use of blue ray will impact the publishers when it comes to game cost but there is no telling whether or not they will pass the cost over to the customers.  also, its hardly mentioned, but this may also effect sony's royalty fee for each game sold on the ps3 (i think currently its $7 a disk) so again it may or may not effect the end cost.  

IMHO, i dont think they will raise the price as that may be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of on-the-fence consumers.  regardless of how many disks accompany each game case it would not sit well with consumers to pay more for the same game.

calderra

• Archived User
?ps3 Game Cost?
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 10:44:00 AM »

You can go to many retailers' websites for a quick guide to how the price might be... I used to work at Wal-Mart so I'll use that site:
Regular DVD ~$20 (new, popular movie)
Similar HD-DVD ~$40 (similar movie)
Similar BluRay ~$40 (ditto)

Double price = who cares? Seriously. Higher resolution is NOT worth double price to me. HD-DVDs prices were better when I first checked, but apparently they're shooting for $40 too.

And if you check prices that have been announced for PS3 games, it's not that far off. Linkage
Yeah, there's all the Euro takes to consider. But the prices are considerably higher than current Euro prices for 360 games, to the tune of $10-$15.

So in the US, how about $69.99 and $74.99 as potential prices for games (first vs third party)? That about what these numbers hint at. And that's too **** much, IMO.

[And when I said "not that far off", I meant how last-gen games cost more like $49.99 and PS3 games might reach close to $80... not quite twice, but way too close.]