xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Download Game Install Game Whats Up With That  (Read 826 times)

XBLamer

• Archived User
Download Game Install Game Whats Up With That
« on: December 02, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »

Just replaced the hard disk again and now its time to download all the games and demos again. Account manager and downloaded games great 3 pages of games. Select game now download in the background, cool this won't take long.   After about 10 games you hit a max limit. Hmmm OK exit and install the games downloaded, Great I can download to more in the background then theres that brick wall again.  

Download / install and 2 days later still downloading and installing.  

Dear Sony

Why don't you just have an option to download and install in the background. OH and why the limit of 10 games in the queue. I really should just be able to select restore all games and leave PS3 turned on for a couple of days.

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »

The 360 also has a max queue limit on the console, I think it is like 7 or maybe 10 all I know is that you can only have as many as will fit in one page of the active downloads page that pops up.
I would agree that the game should auto install but they don't.

Can I ask why you didn't just use the built in backup utility in the PS3 and then restore the backup to the new drive and avoid this whole issue?

EDIT:
And what is causing you to replace your hard drive again?
Upgrading size?
I guess it just seems odd that you say again like it is a common thing to do, I have the 60gb and haven't had any hard drive issues nor am I running out of space any time soon.

XBLamer

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »

Did not backup cause did not have big enough USB drive

first time was drive crash and my warranty is um well lets say no longer valid. Next I did only 10GB ps3 and left rest for yellow dog. now 10gb yellow on a 200gb drive.

Not sure why I ran out of space on the 80gb but I download everydemo and purchased several PS3/PS1/PSP games deleted all my vids but still ran out.

I saw a 500gb USB on sale today for 149 so may cave and backup for next time.

rajkamaliya

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2009, 05:55:00 AM »

149$? that's good deal for 500GB. You saw that on ebay or amazon ?