xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Warhawk To Cost $40 On PlayStation Network  (Read 842 times)

incognegro

• Archived User
Warhawk To Cost $40 On PlayStation Network
« on: August 03, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »

Why didn't they just sell the thing in stores if thats the case uhh.gif

kidkinetix

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »

That's pretty cool - in this case though I think I want the headset, or else I'd be all over digital distrobution...

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 11:38:00 PM »

I was hoping for $30 for the download, but I guess that doesn't matter to me too much since I'll likely get the retail box.  But what I really want to know is, if we buy the retail box can we install the game to the hard drive?   If not, that's a pretty big advantage for the downloadable version.  Being able to choose it from the dash without the need to put in a disc is a nice convenience.

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

Very interesting point Thraxen. When I started to read the comment I said to myself "Of course they'll let you install something to the hard drive". Several games have already implemented this function. However, there's no reason to prevent the entire game from installing, and if that's the case then it would be annoying to put in the disc every time you want to play. This situation has been an annoyance to PC gamers for a long time, except those who employ no-cd/dvd cracks happy.gif.

By the way, does anyone know where there is a picture of this headset?

KaRiL

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »

Jabra BT125
Cnet review

incognegro

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 08:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(epsilon72 @ Aug 4 2007, 06:51 AM) View Post

@incognegro

They are - I believe they are selling Warhawk in retail form for $60, but it includes a headset.

oh i see....makes sense now smile.gif

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 11:12:00 PM »

I see what you mean. The Bluetooth headset doesn't look like a great deal considering the retail price, but it's good enough for someone, like me, who doesn't have one.

This method of distribution makes introducing a model with a larger hard drive make more sense, but I still don't understand why the increase was so relatively small.

Thraxen

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kamasutra318 @ Aug 7 2007, 12:48 AM) View Post

I see what you mean. The Bluetooth headset doesn't look like a great deal considering the retail price, but it's good enough for someone, like me, who doesn't have one.

This method of distribution makes introducing a model with a larger hard drive make more sense, but I still don't understand why the increase was so relatively small.

I still think the change to 80 GB was supplier driven.  That's the only reason that makes sense.  I'm thinking their HDD supplier(s) must be wanting to discontinue the 60 GB models so it then became cheaper, or the only option, to put in 80 GB drives. And despite Sony's claims to the contrary, I think once all the 60 GB models are out of the supply chain they will remove Motorstorm from the bundle and drop the price of the 80 GB to $500 USD.