xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How Will Sony Price Warhawk?  (Read 837 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
How Will Sony Price Warhawk?
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 2-8-2007 0:14 EST

From 1up.com:

How much are you willing to pay for Warhawk?
You'll have to answer that for yourself later this month when Sony Computer Entertainment America launches Warhawk for PlayStation 3. In a bold move, the company will be offering Warhawk as a retail product on a Blu-ray disc with a Bluetooth headset for $59.99 and a PlayStation Network downloadable at a different price. So far, Sony isn't telling anyone what that price is will be -- yet we're only a few weeks from launch.

In the original announcement, SCEA said the retail version would include Warhawk, behind-the-scenes development videos and a Bluetooth headset valued at $39.99. Let's do the math. $59.99 - $39.99 = $19.99, right? Logically, Warhawk should show up on PSN for about $20. Realistically, no one expects that, but according to comments on our message boards, $30 seems to be the sweet spot for most.

Full Story: 1up.com

cerealkillajme

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 06:28:00 AM »

Weird, I wonder why they are selling it so low. I thought it was a full game, so to sell it for much cheaper doesn't make alot of sense. Only thing I can see them doing this for is to raise the install base maybe.

Would be cool if more games followed suit and gave you a lil extra for your money.

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:03:00 PM »

That depends on what you mean by "full game". They dropped the single-player portion of the game a while back. And it is cheaper to distribute digitally.

mangoed

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 02:18:00 AM »

I wonder if you will be able to download it to 5 other consoles like the rest of the network games?