xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Free Gran Turismo Knocks PS3 Network on its Ass  (Read 809 times)

biabia8659

• Archived User
Free Gran Turismo Knocks PS3 Network on its Ass
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2006, 09:37:00 PM »

I own a ps3 and did not download the demo so thats one less ps3 owner that that did not help on that crash. I wonder how many more ps3 owners did not download the demo to?
i like sony's new machine but when it comes down to the online service xbox live is far superior sure you have to pay for gold but for probably less than $0.25 a day ill take live any day over the ps3 service.
and as i still wonder how many more did not download and also how many ps3 are out there that have never connected online and how many actual active ps3's there is out there, makes me say that sony dose in fact need to fix this server issue they are having. the service might be free, but thats still not an excuse, just think if the would have pushed out all the ps3 they wanted to and plan on putting out there, this would have been much worse. biggrin.gif

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2006, 04:25:00 AM »

Meh, this demo already beats Forza 2 in creating realistic graphics, i'm disappointed. And I acctually got laughed at for saying gthd vs forza 2 should be a good comparison graphics wise.

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2006, 10:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Dec 26 2006, 05:32 AM) View Post

Meh, this demo already beats Forza 2 in creating realistic graphics, i'm disappointed. And I acctually got laughed at for saying gthd vs forza 2 should be a good comparison graphics wise.

Didn't realize that Forza 2 was out already.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2006, 12:10:00 PM »

It should have been, but got a 6 month delay, and after gthd I won't be surprised if it gets pushed back even further.

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2006, 05:51:00 PM »

1. Since when has forza received a 6 month delay... to my knowledge they've only ever made mention of a release time frame once and that was mid 2007... which AFAIK is still when they plan on releasing it.

2. AFAIK there have NEVER been any screenshots, video, or other things released that representing the game graphics So exactly how are you comparing GTHD to a game that no one in the public has ever seen.

To my knowledge the only Forza 2 stuff that has been released is concept images.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2006, 01:45:00 AM »

1. Twisted wtf do a google search for forza 2 delayed

2. The game was 60% complete at tokya game show where they showed the game. And the pictures released says nothing about them being anything other then from the demonstration.

2 for 2  tongue.gif

Oh and didn't xbox live get knocked on its ass just this morning, for no reason at all?

Payback is a bitch..  love.gif

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2006, 11:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Dec 28 2006, 02:52 AM) View Post

1. Twisted wtf do a google search for forza 2 delayed

2. The game was 60% complete at tokya game show where they showed the game. And the pictures released says nothing about them being anything other then from the demonstration.

2 for 2  tongue.gif

Oh and didn't xbox live get knocked on its ass just this morning, for no reason at all?

Payback is a bitch..  love.gif

Sigh...

Pheidias wtf do a google search for gt5 delayed

You know what's sad? There are less than 500,000 PS3s in the wild, and it took me two hours to sign onto the Playstation network when I opened my PS3. Then the system drops out because too many people are downloading a crappy tech demo that isn't worth shit.

Meanwhile, XBL boasts user counts of 4,000,000+. It drops for a couple of hours, and you have the nerve to gloat over it?  rolleyes.gif  Kids these days...

Oh, and let's not even start on how pathetic the PS3 is that a TECH DEMO that even the developers realized blew chunks is the most exciting thing available.

P.S. You're keeping score? How about all of the arguments that you completely ignore? Your revised score is now: 1 for 1000.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2006, 08:07:00 AM »

heh just to homour you I did a gt5 delayed search, one site says gt 5 is delayed Forza motorsports forum. gt5 is a tba title. And why did you get  a ps3?

Of course I'm gonna gloat over something as xbl going down, after everyone heralded it as the best thing ever and that the stability is why you pay for live.. and then lights out..

VariableElite

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2006, 08:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Dec 29 2006, 09:14 AM) View Post

heh just to homour you I did a gt5 delayed search, one site says gt 5 is delayed Forza motorsports forum. gt5 is a tba title. And why did you get  a ps3?

Of course I'm gonna gloat over something as xbl going down, after everyone heralded it as the best thing ever and that the stability is why you pay for live.. and then lights out..

I bought a PS3 because I was hoping that there would be decent games for it, plus, having never owned a PS2, I wanted to be able to play the classics on that system as well.

I've only been disappointed up to this point. Resistance is unplayable to me until Sony (or a third party) releases a controller that doesn't suck. PS2 games look like crap. The few exclusive games that I figure may be worth playing don't come out until March at the earliest, so I'm seriously considering unloading this thing, buying a PStwo, and pocketing the difference. (I justified not buying a PS2 before the PS3 launch by figuring that the PS3's hardware emulation would provide the same experience. Instead, it took already-poor PS2 graphics and made them worse.  laugh.gif  rolleyes.gif )

Oh, and stability is only part of the reason I pay for XBL. I also pay for unified design (stuff works the same no matter what I'm doing), friend functions, Achievements, and more, and at $4.17 a month I figure I'm getting a pretty good deal, even if parts of the system drop for two hours once or twice a year. Hell, one of my client's DSL line drops more often than that.

BTW, since you don't own a PS3 yourself, doesn't that prevent you from taking part in this forum, based on what you've said previously?  ph34r.gif

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2006, 01:00:00 PM »

What did I say that would prevent me from taking part in this forum?

I'm here to get information and talk with people about the ps3 and what it can or cannot do. I just don't like it when people sneak in from the XS part and utter things as ps3 is crap, without ever even being near one. Or start spouting nonsense on how they hate Sony and all they want is the ps3 to fail in every single thread. But yeah it sucks that the ps3s backwards compatablity is fucked (strangely the games look the same on the ps2 in 480p too) its was one of the reasons I was considering buying one later down the road.

And also I don't invest in a system until its proven itself and got a couple AAA games that I want, for now not one of the three do. I'll stick with the old xbox1 and my DSLite for now

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Dec 29 2006, 01:07 PM) View Post

And also I don't invest in a system until its proven itself and got a couple AAA games that I want, for now not one of the three do. I'll stick with the old xbox1 and my DSLite for now

AAA 360 games: GoW, Oblivion, CoD2, Rainbow Six: Vegas.

AAA Ps3 games: None

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 02:13:00 AM »

Did you buy your 360 after your pick of AAA games where released or before foe? I did acctually play CoD2 though on the pc didn't like the fact that you couldn't die and magicly healed..

Of the 3 systems only Wii has a AAA that I want Zelda

ps oblivion and vegas will end up on the ps3

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2006, 02:29:00 AM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Dec 30 2006, 02:20 AM) View Post

Did you buy your 360 after your pick of AAA games where released or before foe? I did acctually play CoD2 though on the pc didn't like the fact that you couldn't die and magicly healed..

Of the 3 systems only Wii has a AAA that I want Zelda

ps oblivion and vegas will end up on the ps3

I bought it at launch, mainly for Perfect Dark.....of which was underwhelming.  But CoD2 blew me away, as well as Condemned and Kameo.  But the point is, what is your excuse?  The 360 is the only 'next-gen' system that has AAA titles.

You couldn't die on CoD2 for the PC?  Try setting the difficulty to something rather then easy, then. laugh.gif

While i agree that Zelda is an AAA title, you cannot count it as a Wii AAA title because it is just a GC port.  There is no difference whatsoever with the exception of the poorly implemented after though of the wii remote, and widescreen.  I'm more then happy with the GC version of Zelda.  That's like saying that Halo 1&2 BC support for the 360 are 360 AAA tiles.  Sorry, no dice.  GC does not have any AAA titles.  And the best the ps3 has is Resistance, of which i don't consider a AAA title.  Not to mention that any FPS on the ps3 will suck, do to the fact of the horrible ps3/ps2/ps1 controllers analog sticks (placement and function).

I'm aware of Oblivion and R6:Vegas being available on the PS3.  But they are currently out on the 360, and not on the ps3.  Not to mention that R6 will probably look worse, and most assuredly play worse (thanks to the ps3's shittastic controller) compared to the 360's version.

Pheidias

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2006, 07:27:00 AM »

My excuse for not getting a 360 is that there are one AAA title that interest me oblivion and that plays better on my computer so there are not one single incentive to get a 360 so far for me. And really the only thing that probably might pursuade me too one day get one is if the xbox360 homebrew community gets as awesome as the xbox1, but that is looking slim since we still only got piracy hacks on the 360.

Resistence is a great example of a AAA title as is Gears, but that doesn't mean any of them even gets me to raise a eyebrow.

I don't really see how or why you'd want to bend your way out of TP being a AAA for the wii though

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2006, 02:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(Pheidias @ Dec 30 2006, 07:34 AM) View Post

Resistence is a great example of a AAA title as is Gears, but that doesn't mean any of them even gets me to raise a eyebrow.

I don't really see how or why you'd want to bend your way out of TP being a AAA for the wii though

Oblivion does not play "better" on the PC.  The control is actually better on the 360 controller (better layout), and frame rate and graphics are only better on a PC if you have a $400+ graphics card.

Have you even played resistance or gears?  Resistance is not an AAA title.  Good, yes.  But it is no GoW.

Zelda:TP is NOT a Wii AAA title.  It is a GC AAA title dumped onto the Wii.  If you are going to use that logic, then like i mentioned before, Halo 1&2 are 360 AAA title.  Hell, they even look better on the 360.  Unlike zelda:TP does on the Wii.
Pages: 1 [2] 3