xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PlayStation Home Beta Service Will Become Available to All PS3 Users o  (Read 1459 times)

bucko

• Recovered User
PlayStation Home Beta Service Will Become Available to All PS3 Users o
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 13 2008, 05:42 PM) View Post

The radical interface change of the Xbox 1 was the first change, albeit not brought about by MS but by hackers with chipped boxes and XBMC.  The ability to boot the original as an alternative as well.I miss those days

I might not be so radical but my PS1 was different to my brothers PS1 the interface I mean his had grey lines and mine has got a blue interface they tried to make it more friendly looking. I think my brother sold his PS1 now but I can take a picture of my PS1 interface if you want but I hope you can recall what I mean. I think you could also change the interface on our Amiga 600, I remember running some kind of rom kick start cause older or newer games wern't compaitible.

Also apparently the USA and Jap Home's aint having so many problems. Since it's gone Open Beta I've not been able to log in once. It sucks I know it's Beta but at least let me log in! I suppose this is what you get for being free.

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2008, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Dec 13 2008, 04:29 AM) *

The point was nothing to do with quality in certain vehicles. You were making out that the Sony audio division was finished. Not true. Oh and as for OE equipment Audio you are showing a distinct lack of knowledge as to the systems fitted to some cars. Perhaps you drive an old cheap motor and the OEM stereo is poor? I don't know.
Until about 3 years ago, my biggest hobby was car electronics. That includes the car I went out and bought specifically for the system it could fit, the $4000+ system i put in it (all planned and installed by me), the completely upgraded 200 amp electrical system I put in the car, and the $1000 Clifford alarm I installed myself. I would agree I know a slight bit more than the average person. I've looked at MANY OEM car audio systems made by Bose, Alpine, Rockfrod Fosgate, Clarion, and Pioneer. I have friends that worked in car audio shops that went to competitions. I could go on, but the point is I've seen a lot of stuff. And yes OEM is way better than it was a decade ago, but it still does not compare to an aftermarket SQL system such as what I have. The point I was getting to is Sony has very little respect in the aftermarket car audio industry. It's their own faults. They make their products look flashy, but don't put in the technology to back it up. I thought they would be different, because the first Sony car head unit I saw was a $1400 piece of beauty... It's every engineering aspect was concentrated on the best sound quality possible. Everything since has been crap.

BTW.. we all see Sony has more than enough money to put behind a struggling product and keep it alive if they choose. So if their audio division isn't doing so well, that doesn't mean just because someone else would do away with it that Sony would.
Oh sorry i didn't realise it was your wife whose opinion you were touting as some mass surveyed fact...

Talk about huge exaggeration on a change of interface.
The problem with opinions, such as the one you and I both posted is they are indeed opinions. We can argue opinions the rest of our lives, but theres never a definite right/wrong/ or truth.

This post has been edited by Elemino: Dec 14 2008, 12:58 AM

hyfall381

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2008, 11:32:00 PM »

Chancer gets like that. best to just read on. thats my opinion anyways.
now.. about PlayStation Home.. good or bad, i dont think itll help the sales of the ps3. a price cut and better titles will. the PlayStation Home is just like any other new thing ever released in gaming history... its gonna get old before you know it.
and if people are more excited about having an avatar walking around and sitting in a chair that you had to pay $.99 for, doesnt that say something about how sad the actual games are?
Pages: 1 [2]