xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Introducing Qore: Taking you behind the curtain with PlayStation  (Read 367 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User

Introducing Qore: Taking you behind the curtain with PlayStation
Posted by XanTium | 3-6-2008 22:24 EST

From Playstation US Blog

Today we are announcing that Qore: Presented by the PLAYSTATION Network, a highly interactive, monthly lifestyle gaming program covering the world inside PLAYSTATION is on its way to PS3. Qore has been developed to give PS3 users early access to game related content at a level of quality, interactivity and depth. Everything is filmed in HD. Qore will feature exclusive news, developer interviews, in-depth game previews and behind-the-scenes looks at PlayStation games and special access to game demos, special beta invitations, game add-ons and other downloadable game-related content.

Our premier episode will be available on Thursday, June 5. The premier episode includes in-depth exclusive and never-before released content on upcoming PlayStation titles such as SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Secret Agent Clank, Soul Calibur 4 and Afro Samurai, as well as the latest Blu-ray Disc trailers, an exclusive SOCOM: Confrontation theme with an invitation to the SOCOM: Confrontation beta, art galleries and other surprises. We also know that many of you are big fans of Veronica Belmont, the widely-known host of numerous online video programs and podcasts and an avid gamer, so we've chosen her to be your host.

To get Qore, simply log onto PSN and go to the PLAYSTATION Store, as you would purchase any other form of downloadable content. Once the single Episode or annual subscription is purchased, that month's episode will be downloaded under the "Game" heading on the Cross Media Bar (XMB). Users who purchase the "Qore Annual Subscription" will notice only that month's episode is available to download. The following month, the new episode will automatically appear in your download list. The introductory price for Qore is $2.99 for a single episode and $24.99 for an annual subscription of 13 episodes, using your PLAYSTATION Network wallet.

As Peter Dille mentioned in a previous PLAYSTATION Network post, the broader service and community initiatives launching on the PLAYSTATION Network this year such as Qore, PlayStation Home and the Video Download Service are all evidence of our dedication to delivering an all-encompassing entertainment experience for PS fans. Qore is the first in a series of planned original programming specifically created for the PLAYSTATION Network community and we hope you enjoy it.

anonim1979

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »

"exclusive news, developer interviews, in-depth game previews and behind-the-scenes looks at PlayStation games and special access to game demos, special beta invitations, game add-ons and other downloadable game-related content."
for only 25$!

Add, like, paid multiplayer and you will have Xbox Live Gold  jester.gif

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 09:54:00 PM »

Wow, this seems like a real neat idea, excited to see how it turns out...This IS sony and the playstation brand, dont think ill be disapointed biggrin.gif

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2008, 10:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(anonim1979 @ Jun 5 2008, 01:35 AM) View Post

"exclusive news, developer interviews, in-depth game previews and behind-the-scenes looks at PlayStation games and special access to game demos, special beta invitations, game add-ons and other downloadable game-related content."
for only 25$!

Actually, it sounds more like a 'club', or rather, "Playstation Underground: Version 2". You do receive content similar to what a gaming magazine delivers, as well as an invitation to participate in a beta (which I assume would be a regular thing for all subscribers; not just limited to SOCOM). I might bite for only $25/year... but at $3 for an episode it's even better; I may get the SOCOM package for $3, then if I don't want what they offer next month, I'll just wait to see what they offer the month after that.

Though I would've preferred they got Morgan Webb to host it...

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2008, 03:56:00 AM »

QUOTE(anonim1979 @ Jun 5 2008, 01:35 AM) View Post

You would need to add in a load of shit adverts as well. Adverts that you are paying to see. cool.gif

droideka

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »

Let me get this straight, they want people to pay to play the socom beta, as all the other stuff is utter garbage and should be free in the first place... Am I getting this right or am I missing something?

Let me guess, next month you get some cool stuff for the horses in oblivion...

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jun 5 2008, 06:32 AM) *
You would need to add in a load of shit adverts as well. Adverts that you are paying to see. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)
To be clear, Qore will actually have ads according to 1UP, and I did see a BK ad in the video.

I agree that this seems like another PlayStation Underground, but I can't say I'm too interested in it.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2008, 02:19:00 AM »

QUOTE(droideka @ Jun 5 2008, 10:37 PM) View Post

Let me get this straight, they want people to pay to play the socom beta, as all the other stuff is utter garbage and should be free in the first place... Am I getting this right or am I missing something?

Let me guess, next month you get some cool stuff for the horses in oblivion...

How do you know what the rest of the program is like?? You don't, so yes you are missing something until you see an episode. The way I see it is it looks like some sort of games journal but in the format of a program online. Do you get PSM free every month? No you pay for content  in magazines as you will have to here.
The key thing is that those who like this kind of thing (It doesn't interest me personally) can choose to have it. It's one more option added to the PSN which is a free service to start with.

droideka

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 04:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jun 6 2008, 09:55 AM) View Post

Do you get PSM free every month?

No, I don't get it period. The stuff in most of the exclusive magazines(for all the consoles) is biased and as a consequence is garbage.

But, you have a point. I will try it and see for myself...

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 04:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(droideka @ Jun 6 2008, 07:34 PM) *
No, I don't get it period. The stuff in most of the exclusive magazines(for all the consoles) is biased and as a consequence is garbage.
Biased in what way? I'll assume you mean that it gives games exclusive to that platform unjustifiably higher scores than others, and point out that PSM/PTOM, gave some of the biggest PS3 exclusives of last year lower than their average scores according to GameRankings; this includes Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, and Uncharted.

This post has been edited by Kamasutra318: Jun 7 2008, 11:46 AM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 05:44:00 AM »

I used to buy magazines a lot just to see what was coming up. I usually base my purchases on seeing or playing a game first at a friends house. On occasions I have purchased something because it was cheap (I usually regret it).
I don't think it would hurt to make the first in this series free so people could watch and see if it was of interest. Other wise I can't see me bothering.

droideka

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »

Well I've seen it and like i said before it's garbage... movie trailers, ads and game videos that should be FREE.
Again like i said they are charging for the beta invitation nothing more...

As for the magazines, a one console magazine is going to be biased, one way or onother, they sell because people have that console, if less people has that console less people is going to buy it, so they tend to glorify it. Not only in reviews but in the text, replys to the letters etc... I really can't tell about your part of the world but here it's like that so I don't buy them. Also for me it would be a waste of money seeing that i have all the consoles and prefer to buy an independent magazine that has reviews and charts for all the consoles. But nowadays i rarely buy one, as all the information ends up in the internet. I can give you one thing: it's more confortable to read a magazine while taking a dump, then to take your laptop to the can:)

Kamasutra318

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2008, 07:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(droideka @ Jun 8 2008, 10:59 AM) *
Again like i said they are charging for the beta invitation nothing more...
Don't forget Calling All Cars!

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 03:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Jun 7 2008, 12:44 PM) View Post

On occasions I have purchased something because it was cheap (I usually regret it).

I can relate - I'm a recovering clearance junkie, and haven't even opened half the games I got (yet; I still plan to get into Lair & Folklore).