xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Home Beta Update 0.8.6 Comes with New Space  (Read 240 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Home Beta Update 0.8.6 Comes with New Space
« on: May 24, 2008, 10:37:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 25-5-2008 0:01 EST

From scrawlfx.com:

The [Home] beta is now at v0.8.6.
The new space is called the Media and Events Space and it seems to be a harness for all PLAYSTATION related events.

The update also came with a new survey asking questions such as your thoughts on the new space, it's presentation area, your opinion on the photos and video in the gallery, and what not. They want to know if you would like to see more events similar to PlayStation Day, what kind of content you want to see in the Media & Events Space to make your next visit more compelling, etc.

Full Story: scrawlfx.com

ludacrisvp

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2008, 06:58:00 PM »

Beta Beta Beta
Thats all we ever hear.
I am to the point where i wonder if it will ever come out to the public as a final version.
There has been more days of testing done on Home than there is lines of code in Windows Vista Ult x64.
Just release the damn thing already.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2008, 07:07:00 PM »

Wonder when they'll start taking beta applications. The website seems to still have the "check back" status. Keeping it super-closed really just helps re-build hype behind it, because we're mad they're still working on it, and there's no real way for us to have a chance to get a glimpse outside youtube or something.

Maybe after the in-game XMB they'll start doing something like that, but I gotta wonder why some things that have been promised for so long don't even get a WIP release, and just do periodical bugfixes. I'm sure Sony can afford the staff required to get a feature like that running in less than a year, but, meh. FW 2.4 is almost here, so I'm really bitching when the delivery man is already in-route. tongue.gif