xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Moore 'disappointed' by Home delay  (Read 424 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Moore 'disappointed' by Home delay
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:05:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 9-5-2008 0:29 EST

From eurogamer.net:

Asked by Eurogamer whether, now no longer a direct rival, EA Sports president Peter Moore (ex-Microsoft) was interested in working with Home, Moore said: "Yeah; I just wish it would ship. I [previously] questioned it a little bit, whether I'd want to wander around there. Phil Harrison showed me a demo - it's very cool, but let's go already. And so I'm disappointed that it's been pushed back a little bit again."

"But I really hope it gets going and becomes that portal to the PlayStation Network and we can utilise it. But boy, I just wish we'd get going."

Full Story: eurogamer.net

Johnwinger

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 08:02:00 AM »

I agree with Peter Moore 100% on this issue. Sony has been advertising and talking about Home, yet its still not out yet. It's been in BETA testing for over a year.

Sony needs to get their act together.

On top of that, Sony is not talking about bringing in-game private chat and messaging to the PS3.

I've lost all faith in Sony. The only thing they have over the 360 is hardware reliability. The PS3 is such a boring system to use for gaming. No one talks in multiplayer because the PS3 did not ship with a headset. So no one will go out and spend the money for a blue-tooth headset.

Sony is selling blu-ray, not a gaming console and when I look at my PS3 I know that's it's best feature, yet in reality it shouldn't be. Gaming is supposed to be priority on a gaming console.

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 10:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Johnwinger @ May 9 2008, 07:02 AM) *

I agree with Peter Moore 100% on this issue. Sony has been advertising and talking about Home, yet its still not out yet. It's been in BETA testing for over a year.

On top of that, Sony is not talking about bringing in-game private chat and messaging to the PS3.

I've lost all faith in Sony. The only thing they have over the 360 is hardware reliability. The PS3 is such a boring system to use for gaming. No one talks in multiplayer because the PS3 did not ship with a headset. So no one will go out and spend the money for a blue-tooth headset.

Sony is selling blu-ray, not a gaming console and when I look at my PS3 I know that's it's best feature, yet in reality it shouldn't be. Gaming is supposed to be priority on a gaming console.

join the fail wagon

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(Johnwinger @ May 9 2008, 03:02 PM) View Post

They haven't really been advertising it; only showing it at appropriate events (such as TGS and E3), really. We're (consumers) the ones advertising it.

As for in-game messaging, Sony already said it was coming in fw 2.4, which should be the next update. Them *not* talking about it doesn't mean they're canceling their plans to release it in fw 2.4. Plenty of people talk in multiplayer. Just because it doesn't ship with a headset doesn't mean anything, as you can find Bluetooth headsets for anywhere from $0 (yes, free ones; GCO is your friend). Personally I went to Wally World to get one for about $25, while a friend got one on clearance at Target for $12.50. Aside from that, many people already have a Bluetooth headset for their Bluetooth phones, so they could simply pair it with their PS3 (should be able to pair to both simultaniously, but only use it with one device at a time).

I'm very happy with my PS3 games, which is the main concern. I love that I can use a keyboard + mouse in UT3 (if only COD4 allowed it too). Plenty of games coming this year, too, so we should see some good competition.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2008, 01:18:00 PM »

To me, theres only 1 thing that matters: the end result.

Theres plenty of delays these days for all sorts of things (Movies, Games, Cell Phones, Electronics, etc)... Most of the time the delay is a good thing, as it only means a better product.

Grand Theft Auto 4 was delayed 6 months... Do you think anyone is complaining now? No, because the game is the best it can be, I don't think anyone would want the game 6 months ago with less features and more bugs.

When companies DONT delay their products, thats when things go wrong (Microsoft). They rushed things so quickly to get the 360 out before the PS3, and what happened? RROD.

If its one thing I always notice with delays, when the people finally get the product, they completly forget about the delay because their distracted by how satisfied they are...

Now, I think this happens with a majority of products, obviously there are some delays that turn out bad...but for the most part, its good... so patience guys, once we finally get Home, we'll forget about how long it took

andi_06

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »

Grand Theft Auto 4 was delayed 6 months... Do you think anyone is complaining now? No, because the game is the best it can be, I don't think anyone would want the game 6 months ago with less features and more bugs.

Your kidding right, Gta4 is a good game. But in my own opinion has probably the most bugs/glitches I've ever seen in a game.. Along with lack of anti-aliasing, I honestly was expecting a better made product.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 05:56:00 PM »

QUOTE(andi_06 @ May 9 2008, 11:14 PM) View Post

Your kidding right, Gta4 is a good game. But in my own opinion has probably the most bugs/glitches I've ever seen in a game.. Along with lack of anti-aliasing, I honestly was expecting a better made product.

GTA4 is a great game (technologically; we'll argue the game itself in another thread), as it gives you the "world" without loading while you're running through it (unless you rush a cab or something). I haven't noticed any glitching outside of multiplayer matches in excess of 12 players. Now imagine that running "not as good".

Most people don't look at the perspective of the developer. As a musician, I can tell you me and my affiliates have had MANY release dates pushed back. The reason being production doesn't happen overnight. Opinions on how a particular song sounds may change, and we will go back and retouch, remaster, or completely redo the song. We might have to wait longer because another collaborating artist still needs to contribute their work to the project. Sometimes we may have a dispute about money, etc, etc. These are just a few examples of what can delay a release, but in the end, we're making sure the product meets the standard of our own high expectations (unless it's a money dispute, but that's rare).

Your average person, on the other hand, is impatient. Most of the time, it's simply that the entertainment industry is hardest to accurately project a timeframe, because artists don't follow an exact and total blueprint/schematic to make art.

Johnwinger

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2008, 10:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(HotKnife420 @ May 9 2008, 01:18 PM) View Post

They haven't really been advertising it; only showing it at appropriate events (such as TGS and E3), really. We're (consumers) the ones advertising it.

No, they have been advertising HOME on TV since November of 2007.

No stupid fanboy is going to fool me. I'm too smart. tongue.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2008, 04:36:00 AM »

QUOTE(Johnwinger @ May 10 2008, 05:56 AM) View Post

Don't address people as stupid! (You know what it leads to)
 The advert is a general advert for the PS3, it is not in any way and out and out advert for Home. But you know this.
A whole six months. My goodness how dare they. It has not been on the TV over here and certainly never advertised anywhere as ready to roll.
 If your comment about fan boys was aimed at HotKnife, then you don't know the guy. he has both systems and is not a "fanboy" by any stretch.
Let's deal with your comments
You really want this rushed out? It is simply another feature that some will like some will not. It's not a make or break thing. Would you not rather have a stable product? Konami rushed out PES2008 with horrendous consequences. people like myself who stumped up £40 for the game would rather it not have appeared on the market and waited.

They said they would aim for this by update 2.4. Would you rather them talk about it all the time or perhaps advertise it on TV as in the above example you gave? You would then be saying they keep promising it but don't deliver. Rather difficult to please you in that scenario. wink.gif
No one talks in multiplayer because the PS3 did not ship with a headset. So no one will go out and spend the money for a blue-tooth headset.

Newsflash the 360s don't all come with a headset either. Even the Pro console in some regions has no headset. From a personal view point it is a bonus as I don't wish to listen to kids who are not old enough to even be allowed to play a game, constantly cursing and using racially offensive language in order to look like a gangsta. A lot of players on XBL complain about this happening. People who wish to talk in co-op will buy a headset.

This nobody can help you with. There are plenty of great games available now for the PS3 and the old " No Games Argument doesn't hold" If there is nothing that suits you now or on the horizon, then I don't see how you are ever going to be happy with it. Have you tried the haze demo?? I am no FPS fan but I will certainly be buying this having waltzed through the demo in Co-op mode.
 Sony never sold the PS3 on the premise of a games only machine. They (like MS) wanted a complete multimedia solution. The console at the moment is well under way to achieving this.
The whole waiting for things to be released and the build up is part of everything we do and I can certainly be patient for Home.

mlmadmax

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2008, 11:10:00 AM »

Hey Chancer, do 360's in europe really not come with a headset, they do in the the states.??

On topic, I really don't think home is going to be that big of a deal in the longrun an I am hoping sony can concentrate on getting more 1080p games out. With gta and gt both being in 1080p there is hope for me yet.  biggrin.gif

And of course the guy is dissapointed he probably looses money with every delay. sad.gif

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(mlmadmax @ May 10 2008, 06:46 PM) View Post

Hey Chancer, do 360's in europe really not come with a headset, they do in the the states.??

In europe they do but in Australia they get a media remote instead.
Does the arcade version have a headset?

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2008, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(Johnwinger @ May 10 2008, 05:56 AM) View Post

I forgot all about that commercial. Funny thing is that before I had a PS3 and knew what Home was, I thought the commercial was just saying "welcome home" as if the PS3 should be your new "gaming home".

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 10 2008, 12:12 PM) View Post

I found the "fanboy" comment more offensive than the "stupid" part tongue.gif
Though that is usually how flame wars start. I suppose we all, at some point, make a comment without considering the weight of some words (I know I've probably made pre-mature assumptions in the heat of an arguement). Your sig, however, is priceless. I've actually stopped before hitting 'reply' several times just to make sure I wouldn't be the one to 'talk out of my arse' smile.gif

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 10 2008, 07:13 PM) View Post

In europe they do but in Australia they get a media remote instead.
Does the arcade version have a headset?

Not in here in the US.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2008, 06:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(andi_06 @ May 9 2008, 02:14 PM) View Post

wow obviously you missed my point

Elemino

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2008, 09:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(Johnwinger @ May 9 2008, 09:02 AM) View Post
Agreed.

wassco

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2008, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ May 10 2008, 07:12 AM) View Post

The advert is a general advert for the PS3, it is not in any way and out and out advert for Home. But you know this.
A whole six months. My goodness how dare they. It has not been on the TV over here and certainly never advertised anywhere as ready to roll.
 If your comment about fan boys was aimed at HotKnife, then you don't know the guy. he has both systems and is not a "fanboy" by any stretch.
Let's deal with your comments
You really want this rushed out? It is simply another feature that some will like some will not. It's not a make or break thing. Would you not rather have a stable product? Konami rushed out PES2008 with horrendous consequences. people like myself who stumped up £40 for the game would rather it not have appeared on the market and waited.

They said they would aim for this by update 2.4. Would you rather them talk about it all the time or perhaps advertise it on TV as in the above example you gave? You would then be saying they keep promising it but don't deliver. Rather difficult to please you in that scenario. wink.gif

Newsflash the 360s don't all come with a headset either. Even the Pro console in some regions has no headset. From a personal view point it is a bonus as I don't wish to listen to kids who are not old enough to even be allowed to play a game, constantly cursing and using racially offensive language in order to look like a gangsta. A lot of players on XBL complain about this happening. People who wish to talk in co-op will buy a headset.

This nobody can help you with. There are plenty of great games available now for the PS3 and the old " No Games Argument doesn't hold" If there is nothing that suits you now or on the horizon, then I don't see how you are ever going to be happy with it. Have you tried the haze demo?? I am no FPS fan but I will certainly be buying this having waltzed through the demo in Co-op mode.
 Sony never sold the PS3 on the premise of a games only machine. They (like MS) wanted a complete multimedia solution. The console at the moment is well under way to achieving this.
The whole waiting for things to be released and the build up is part of everything we do and I can certainly be patient for Home.

I love you Chancer smile.gif  love.gif  love.gif  love.gif
Pages: [1] 2