xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psn Sign Out Problems  (Read 248 times)

HotKnife420

• Archived User
Psn Sign Out Problems
« on: April 28, 2008, 10:42:00 AM »

Ok, it's not really a problem, it's just getting annoying now and I wanna fix it. I seem to have a problem with when I quit a game and goto the XMB, I'll get signed out. I'll also generally get signed out during the initial login when I boot up my PS3 (connects for a min, then I'm suddenly disconnected).  Doesn't happen during gameplay or anything, though.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
Psn Sign Out Problems
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 01:09:00 AM »

Well, I installed DD-WRT firmware on my router, and haven't re-encountered the problem yet. Either I'm lucky for now (knock on wood), or that solved my problem.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
Psn Sign Out Problems
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »

Ok, I've had to actually figure out this, as I had to set up a network for some friends recently. If you're experiencing much slower transfers than you're used to (ie, your PC d/l's at approx 1MB/sec while your PS3 is more like 1MB/6secs), or if you just have a lot of "can't sign back in"/DNS problems, you need to do 2 things:
  • Assign a static IP to your PS3
  • Set up port forwarding on your PS3
I will attempt to explain how to do both.

1st, let's log into your router. Open a command prompt (XP - start->run->cmd), and type 'ipconfig'
Open your web browser, and after 'http://' enter the number from the line that says 'Default Gateway' (ie:'http://192.168.1.1'). You will be asked for your router's login/password; if you don't know it, google it.

The first thing we're going to do is look at the basic setup or status page (depending on your router) to find out what range it's assigning IP addresses in. Let's say that it says '100-150' is the range. This means that every time a device connects to my network, it will have an "internal IP" address given to it (starting with 192.168.1 in most cases) between 100 & 150 (which would be the 4th number). Choose a number in the range to dedicate to your PS3. If you already have other devices connected to your router, see what IP address it's given out so you don't use a current one.

For this example, let's say we're going to make our PS3's IP 192.168.1.123

Now that we have that squared away, let's go on to the port forwarding section in the router (Applications & Gaming tab in most routers I've done). We'll be opening the following ports:
CODE

TCP - 10070-10080
TCP - 80-80
UDP - 50000-50000
UDP - 6000-7000
UDP - 10070-10080

Ok, almost done. Now let's get on our PS3, and goto the networking tab. Under IP address, choose 'manual', and enter the address you chose for your PS3 earlier (e.g. 192.168.1.123). Get the 'Default Gateway' and 'Subnet Mask' from the 'ipconfig' info you got earlier. Your DNS (either 2 or 3 IP addresses, depending on your ISP) should be easily found on your router's "Status" page.

Now unplug the router and turn off your PS3. Wait approx. 30 seconds, and restore power to the router, then turn on the PS3.

And that's it! Your connection should work much closer to it's original speed, now. Feel free to open up the web browser in your PS3, and goto a speedtest website, or just download something from the PSStore to see what kind of improvement you have. Hopefully this helps anybody experiencing problems, but if not, feel free to post questions in this thread. I'd like this thread to be the "dedicated answer" thread for anybody trying to properly set up their PSN.