xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sony Delays PlayStation Home Again  (Read 402 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Sony Delays PlayStation Home Again
« on: April 22, 2008, 10:46:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 23-4-2008 0:10 EST

From next-gen.biz:

Sony Computer Entertainment has announced that PS3 users will have to "wait a bit longer" to get a taste of virtual world PlayStation Home, with an open beta not expected to begin until fall 2008.

In a statement the company said that it will be extending Home's closed beta and inviting a number of new PlayStation 3 registrants to participate through summer 2008. Following completion of the extended closed beta test, the Home open beta service will commence in fall 2008.

Full Story: next-gen.biz

Aphonia

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2008, 01:51:00 AM »

Youch... Maybe I should find a way to sign up for the Closed Beta.  Might be the only way I ever see it.

tummybanana

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2008, 05:20:00 AM »

or just get second life and be done with it  cool.gif

twistedsymphony

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 05:33:00 AM »

mellow.gif <- do you see this? This is me completely shocked.

spoone

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2008, 05:47:00 AM »

Huh?
Duh!

Y'know,
i just love my 360 a bit more... rolleyes.gif

Muzzakus

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2008, 07:09:00 AM »

No suprise.  The whole thing will be a massive failure.  It captured the imagination with Sony's spindoctoring, but the reality is hitting Sony hard - overly ambitious, totally under cooked and realised.  The product does nothing for the console, for gamers, or for bluray enthusiasts.  

Wait till it's released - it will be a curiosity from the outset with an outcry of rage from all those that were depending on this to be some kind of a revolution.

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2008, 10:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(spoone @ Apr 23 2008, 05:23 AM) View Post

Huh?
Duh!
Y'know,
i just love my 360 a bit more... rolleyes.gif

Same here, im so glad I only paid 185$ USD for my ps3, the price they charge for this machine is outrageous its been nothing but waiting ever since I got it. waiting for fixes and upgrades to their dinosaur old online network (the voice chat system is terribly old, I still cannot believe that you cannot start a chat and go about your business on the console, instead your restricted to a chat room? come on this isnt 1995). Home may be their chance to redeem themselves but if they just shove it back farther and farther everyone is just going to lose interest in it and like other posts its just a failure. They should just release it already and push out updates as they improve it.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2008, 10:34:00 AM »

Does this mean they're going to hash out the in-game XMB update sooner? Probably not... sad.gif

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2008, 01:43:00 PM »

So it's going to be released next year? Shame, oh well lets hope MGS4 and RFOM2 makes things good for the PS3. At least the new Warhawk expansion pack is keeping me on my PS3.

I hate the way you have to pay for everything in Second Life, just to own a bit a land you have to be a premium member then have to pay for a house, at least in Home your given a Home to begin with, or the name would be a bit stupid for them.

andi_06

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »

This is all starting to feel like the years of waiting for fable 2, I feel once these "killer" apps do finally get released its going to be to late. I love my ps3 but lack of games, still no ingame xmb and now this, talk bout kick in the teeth. A year is a long time, do they think people are just going to wait around, I understand they like to release a well tested product but at what cost.

This post has been edited by andi_06: Apr 24 2008, 02:11 AM

echto

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2008, 08:12:00 PM »

I honestly feel like I wasted my money on the damn thing.  I never play it.  I play my 360 more.  I ran Folding@home for a month non-stop and actually noticed a 'what the hell' increase in my typically stable electric bill.  My television allows me to box two separate inputs side by side on the screen and in all cases when playing the same game side by side on the 360 and the PS3, the PS3's graphics sucked hands down.

As for Blu-Ray, heh... my wife and I are gamers.  We're not videophiles so I'll wipe my ass with Sony's "value" comments about the PS3.  It has been no value for us.  I'm also laughing at the fact Sony wants to bring a Final Fantasy clone world to the PS3.  In my opinion they're just taking something old and trying to recycle it into a micro-transaction system to compete with xbox live.  Seriously, if I'm going to want to do something on a gaming console that offers an online service I'm going to want to do it with a quick move left, move left, button push.  I'm not going to want to sit there wasting my time running all over the place in a virtual world just to do something simple like make a purchase.

I'm guessing by the time anything spectacular comes out for the PS3, seeing how its understood its a bitch to develop for, Blu-Ray players will be a dime a dozen.

beerchug.gif

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2008, 11:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(echto @ Apr 24 2008, 03:48 AM) View Post

I honestly feel like I wasted my money on the damn thing.  I never play it.  I play my 360 more.  I ran Folding@home for a month non-stop and actually noticed a 'what the hell' increase in my typically stable electric bill.  My television allows me to box two separate inputs side by side on the screen and in all cases when playing the same game side by side on the 360 and the PS3, the PS3's graphics sucked hands down.

As for Blu-Ray, heh... my wife and I are gamers.  We're not videophiles so I'll wipe my ass with Sony's "value" comments about the PS3.  It has been no value for us.  I'm also laughing at the fact Sony wants to bring a Final Fantasy clone world to the PS3.  In my opinion they're just taking something old and trying to recycle it into a micro-transaction system to compete with xbox live.  Seriously, if I'm going to want to do something on a gaming console that offers an online service I'm going to want to do it with a quick move left, move left, button push.  I'm not going to want to sit there wasting my time running all over the place in a virtual world just to do something simple like make a purchase.

I'm guessing by the time anything spectacular comes out for the PS3, seeing how its understood its a bitch to develop for, Blu-Ray players will be a dime a dozen.

beerchug.gif

I doubt that when home comes out they'll stop the PS Store.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(echto @ Apr 24 2008, 03:48 AM) View Post

beerchug.gif

Try running folding@home at night, we get cheap electricity at 12:00am so I tend to run it while I sleep for the odd day but not every day. I think warhawk and GT5:P are the best games on it atm but that's only cause I have them. Hopefully wipeout HD will be good.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 04:23:00 AM »

I am not convinced if home will be for me yet. Novelty value ..maybe at first but long term.
At present I use the PS3 more than the 360. COD4 and Everybody's Golf on line being my current favourites.
Home looks like just an expansion of the Lobby in Everybody's Golf to me

This post has been edited by Chancer: Apr 25 2008, 11:24 AM

irnchriz

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »

I use the PS3 purely for video streaming now.  Even the kids have stopped playing games on it.  I find that its better for streaming videos at night than the 360 (due to the noise the 360 makes) as the volume is kept lower so that my Wife doesn't kick my ass for waking her up smile.gif

I have MGS 4 pre-ordered and Little Big Planet looks like it could be good.  But thats all i have seen so far that grabs me.

I have 3 Blu-Ray movies but the UK pricing is ridiculous just now.
Pages: [1] 2