xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sony: Home Beta to be public very soon  (Read 241 times)

PS3Scene

• Archived User
Sony: Home Beta to be public very soon
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:59:00 PM »

Posted by XanTium | 2-4-2008 21:23 EST

From n4g.com:

"We'll be opening up the Home Beta to the public very soon and hope to see you there"

Those are the words of Susan Panico, Senior Director of PlayStation Network commenting on the PSN and Home in the Official PlayStation Magazine.

Full Story: n4g.com | boardsus.playstation.com

spoone

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 07:06:00 AM »

well,
it's about time...

Johnwinger

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 09:12:00 AM »

I am still confused at why this program needs to be BETA tested for over a year.

mercury187

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(Johnwinger @ Apr 3 2008, 08:12 AM) *

I am still confused at why this program needs to be BETA tested for over a year.

It's all part of the "free online experience", you can either pay to have a great service or you can not pay and spend months-years waiting for things to be released.

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 01:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(mercury187 @ Apr 3 2008, 05:32 PM) View Post

It's all part of the "free online experience", you can either pay to have a great service or you can not pay and spend months-years waiting for things to be released.

That fails over the Xmas period and lots of times since.
The free service still worked.
As for Home the whole point of the initial beta was to get peoples thoughts and ideas and implement them as well as sort out any bugs. Personally I would rather wait than have something rushed to the market only to find it is massively troublesome. For a good example look at the hardware in the 360. Desperation to reach the shelves first meant the hardware was not tested enough and ... well you know the rest.
Rushed out is not always a good thing.

NineT9mustang

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »

Chancer, agreed

Whenever theres a delay in a game/product, I mostly get excited knowing they aren't going to release it on time with bugs, instead, they are going to go thru the pain of disapointing people with the delay, yet take the time needed to clear up any problems... I wouldn't say I get EXCITED like I go YES its delayed, but theres a satisfaction inside me knowing what will happen in the end result smile.gif

Which is why I feel Duke Nukem Forever will be the greatest video game of the century.

HotKnife420

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 07:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(NineT9mustang @ Apr 3 2008, 10:06 PM) View Post

Chancer, agreed

Whenever theres a delay in a game/product, I mostly get excited knowing they aren't going to release it on time with bugs, instead, they are going to go thru the pain of disapointing people with the delay, yet take the time needed to clear up any problems... I wouldn't say I get EXCITED like I go YES its delayed, but theres a satisfaction inside me knowing what will happen in the end result smile.gif

Which is why I feel Duke Nukem Forever will be the greatest video game of the century.

I thought "Forever" just meant how long it was in development.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 12:51:00 PM »

I certainly want to test this *drool* I tried Second Life it was crap no way would I spend money for virtual land or be a premium member just for land Home is a much better way of doing it.

Kr0n1k

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 11:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Chancer @ Apr 3 2008, 04:29 PM) *

That fails over the Xmas period and lots of times since.
The free service still worked.
As for Home the whole point of the initial beta was to get peoples thoughts and ideas and implement them as well as sort out any bugs. Personally I would rather wait than have something rushed to the market only to find it is massively troublesome. For a good example look at the hardware in the 360. Desperation to reach the shelves first meant the hardware was not tested enough and ... well you know the rest.
Rushed out is not always a good thing.

Free service didn't fail because no one uses it. Biggest game for the PS3 over the holiday season was Uncharted, a single player experience. And when the PSN network does gain some ground, expect crashes and glitches and all the same problems that come with running an internet service for nearly 10 million people, but don't expect any apologies from Sony. After all, we don't pay for it.

And it is about time Sony allows everyone to try Home. Waiting around for them to make good on all of their promises is growing old. Less talk and hype, more games and software.

This post has been edited by Kr0n1k: Apr 8 2008, 06:03 AM

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 04:27:00 AM »

QUOTE(Kr0n1k @ Apr 8 2008, 06:00 AM) View Post

Free service didn't fail because no one uses it.

What a load of rubbish. COD4 is heaving as are all the games I play online. No lag on COD4 either.
Same tired old comments coming out, No games, No one uses PSN, It's only good for Blu-Ray.
None of those hold water.
Oh what was MS apology? Nothing a free shit game that nobody wanted.